Fantasia: Bum disc?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim_P_76, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76 Second Unit

I have an interesting question to a problem that I have seen on my Fantasia disc, that I havent seen mentioned on any posts regarding opinions or reviews on the transfer. Only During the animation segments, not the orchestral interstitials, I experience on the left side of my monitor a vertical line , say a quarter of an inch width. It is clear but noticible only becuase within the the line, it blurs the animation. You can notice when the camera pans, etc. Please check your discs. I refuse to believe I'm the only one who has this problem. I bought this disc idividually and not the box set. I played this on 2 different DVD rom players with 2 different dvd playing software. No change. Thanks!

2. Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76 Second Unit

Does anyone know of anything about this..or could steer me in the right place to get a replacement from Disney? [​IMG]

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I didn't see the line...
    On your copy, are there some scenes in Chapter 12 that are really grainy?
    ------------------
    P.S.: There's no P.S.

4. Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76 Second Unit

Patrick,
    Watching this on a progressive scan, I guess brings out the problems. Yes a few instances i see grain not only from the usual print grain but worse like the 'inherant' zoom and looking at some of the darker areas I see grain, no doubt from compression, none the less the only thing that distracts me is this line.