What's new

Fantasia 2000 - Surprising!! (1 Viewer)

Jeremy-P

Stunt Coordinator
I have this great disc but I don't enjoy it as much as the original fantasia. It's beautiful and scary, not watered down like everything disney does now. F2K has its moments, but it isn't as original as, well, the original. Sure, maybe we shouldn't expect it to be, but think of how groundbreaking the orignal fantasia was without having to come off as cutesy. I'm also very dissapointed in the overuse of CGI, I felt f2k should've been hand drawn only.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
It was way too short (the original was two hours!) and they should have left out Mickey's Sorcerer's Apprentice segment since they had Donald Duck for the Noah's Ark piece. My vote would have been for the dawn of the planet Earth sequence (The Rite of Spring) or The Pastoral Symphony.

Walt purposefully only wanted ONE segment to include a familiar, beloved character in Fantasia (this was to be a wholey unique experience from what people were used to seeing from Disney). I don't think he would have liked the change.

The original press release of the DVD (reviewed by Widescreen Review) had a full bitrate DTS track! Too bad they cut it to half on the production version.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks