Fans of Traffic soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music' started by Alex-C, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

Can anyone suggest albums along the same lines of Cliff Martinez's work on this soundtrack ?

Doesn't have to be a soundtrack.

I'm a big fan of ambient music, but not so much the 70s stuff from Eno and Vangelis. I mean, its good and all, I am just looking for something a little bit more modern.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I haven't listened to any of his other stuff, but you might want to try Brian Eno since one of his songs was featured on the soundtrack.

3. Matt_P

Matt_P Second Unit

Traffic's score is certianly underrated.

Eno is a good recommendation. Some of Moby's filmworks are quite good, as well (such as "God Moving Over the Face of the Waters").

I'd highly recommend Cliff Martinez's score for Solaris--another Soderbergh outing. It's a well constructed, ambient soundscape.

Some recent, synth heavy film scores (if you like them) include Spy Game and Phone Booth, both by Harry Gregson-Williams. Klaus Badelt's The Recruit is also quite decent. These scores have a wide range--from ambient, to wickedly intense electronica.

For pure ambience, I'd recommend David Julyan's score for Insomnia, and Hans Zimmer's The Thin Red Line. The score to The Insider is also worth mentioning.

Make sure to listen to sound clips before purchasing, just to see if they're to your liking.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor