1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Fans of The Boston Sports Guy (Bill Simmons)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Tim Abbott, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Tim Abbott

Tim Abbott Second Unit

Tim
    There is a site where you can now reflect upon his musings with friends:

http://www.sonsofthesportsguy.com/forum/index.php

If you aren't familiar with his works on ESPN.com, but are a sports/pop culture fan with a sense of humor, this is a great site.

2. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I wonder if this is a take-off on Sons of Sam Horn?

Anyway, I love Simmons. Being from Boston I immediately get where he's coming from. I wonder what he'll do now that his "the Red Sox are killing me" schtick is gone?

Thanks for the link.

3. Jason L.

Jason L. Second Unit

I love reading The Sports Guy. The guy is a pop culture/cheesy-movie encyclopedia.

However, thank god I don't have to read about the Red Sox for another 4-5 months. For a while, every post was about the Red Sox. Enough already!

Also, Hoosiers is not a great movie - no matter what he thinks.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

You really think the end of the season will keep Boston sports fans from discussing the Red Sox? Did you see the sports pages here last year - even the Patriots, who are apparently a pretty impressive football team, couldn't bump the Sox down.

I wish his old Digital Cities columns were archived somewhere, though - those were insanely funny, and he was free to completely rip the media.

5. Tim Abbott

Tim Abbott Second Unit

Tim
    Thanks to everyone that has signed up. Not quite as big as HTF but there has been some pretty lively discussions over a range of topics.

If you haven't been by to check it out, I would encourage you to stop by and sign up.