Fanny & Alexander: R2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Julian Lalor, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

I note from www.blackstar.co.uk (see link http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000066120) that Fanny and Alexander is to be released in R2 next month. I note the running time is 309 minutes, which means it is the original mini-series, rather than the cut-down film released theatrically. However, it appears to be one disc only, which unless it is a DVD-18 (a first for Artifical Eye) isn't possible. Does anyone know whether the R2 version will, in fact, be the extended TV version or the shorter theatrical one? Either version would be great, but as I've never seen the mini-series, I would be especially interested in this.

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...the Benson's World site says 301 minutes... the Artificial Eye site is no help, as apparently it hasn't been updated since a year ago... guess we'll just have to wait until the damn thing actually comes out... I won't buy the release if it's the 'movie version', though...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .

3. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Well, the theatrical version did win 4 Oscars, including Best Foreign language movie and is an excellent film in its own right, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy either version, although I'd prefer the TV version if only because I haven't seen it.

4. PatrickL

PatrickL Second Unit

It looks like this info was added at blackstar: