What's new

3D FandangoNOW is Now Offering 3-D Movies on Oculus VR Headsets (1 Viewer)

VaporTrail

Grip
Real Name
Bill
Here's an article about it: https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/fandangonow-oculus-3d-movies-vr-go-quest-1202176602/

FandangoNOW is a streaming service region-locked to USA, so can't offer my thoughts on their 3D selection nor encode quality. Might peek at it with a VPN sometime...

Anyway, if you have an Oculus VR headset this is a legal/less fiddly way to watch 3D movies without the need for expensive specialty home theater equipment or hard-to-find disc imports.

With close to a million new Oculus headsets sold in the past year, there might just be enough market interest to keep a growing list of 3D titles on the service.

Would love to know if Bob Furmanek has heard of FandangoNOW, and knows if some 3-D Film Archive restorations have made their way to it?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I'm all for new ways to get 3D movies out there, but I just don't have any desire to watch them through something like that instead of a screen. I don't usually listen to music with headphones either.

VaporTrail

Grip
Real Name
Bill
Thanks for responding Jesse.

For me it's not just about one experience that is arguably better with $5K-$10K worth of home theater equipment, it's about the diversity of fun things to do without the exorbitant expense.

With a $400 headset I can fish scenic lakes filling a wall-sized fish tank, DJ for crowds with pro gear found in top clubs, sculpt giant structures that I can climb and para-sail off of (then 3D print), go to unparalleled gun ranges and test dozens of weapons with unlimited ammunition, and yes, watch 3D films on a giant cinema screen without the need for sunglasses.

How much would it cost to do these things in the real world? I think it's a fair trade-off for wearing headphones. Heck, I don't even use headphones. The headset has built-in binaural speakers that are tucked out of sight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks