What's new

Pre-Order Fandango (1985) (Warner Archive Collection) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
fwmhgAm.png

Coming this April 12th:
NEW 2022 1080p HD Master!
FANDANGO (1985)
BD50
Aspect Ratio:16x9 1.85:1 WIDESCREEN
COLOR
Audio Specs DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Surround
91 Minutes.
Includes Theatrical Trailer (HD)
There's nothing wrong with going nowhere. It's a privilege of youth.
FANDANGO: (fan-dang-go) 1. A lively Spanish dance. 2. The music for this. 3. A foolish act.
Academy Award winner Kevin Costner and Judd Nelson star in this story about five young men about to graduate from college in the summer of 1971, who take one last, wild trip across West Texas before facing their lives as adults--which will include marriage, careers and service in the war in Vietnam--in this heartfelt and adventurous coming-of-age story. Kevin Reynolds (Waterworld) made his feature film directorial debut with this fan favorite.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking about this movie a few days ago. Great film, and now I can retire my ancient DVD finally.

This is really good news!

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Interesting backstory on Wikipiedia
"Steven Spielberg admitted that the film "wasn't really released," but wouldn't say more than that. Asked to comment on Spielberg's hesitance to release the film, director Kevin Reynolds' agent simply responded: "He's tired of talking about Steven Spielberg, and he's busy."

Although Spielberg was disappointed with the finished film and did not have his name on the product, Amblin Entertainment is still credited. Fandango did not receive a widespread release, grossing less than US$100,000."

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I really like this film, so it’s a no-brainer for me to upgrade.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
A Kevin Reynolds directed box office disaster starring Kevin Costner that ISN'T Waterworld? Was this karma?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
A Kevin Reynolds directed box office disaster starring Kevin Costner that ISN'T Waterworld? Was this karma?
Kevin Reynolds also directed "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" starring Kevin Costner which was a smashing success at the box office in 1991.

EDIT:

Tried pre-ordering through the link, and it says currently unavailable...how can a pre-order be unavailable?

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
EDIT:

Tried pre-ordering through the link, and it says currently unavailable...how can a pre-order be unavailable?
It happens all the time, Amazon posts a pre-order placeholder that is inactive until it becomes active. It will become active in the coming days.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Audio Specs DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Surround
Interesting, in that the old DVD release has a remixed Dolby Digital 5.1 track, and it appears they are going back to the original theatrical stereo mix on this release. I do hope Warner created a new scan of the film, as I really cannot tell the difference between my old DVD and the disc-to-digital HDX I later purchased on Vudu.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

It happens all the time, Amazon posts a pre-order placeholder that is inactive until it becomes active. It will become active in the coming days.
I think as soon as you see a price populate in the Amazon link on Ron's OP, then you should be able to place a pre-order.

Desdinova

Agent
Real Name
Scott
Love this movie and looking forward to what is hopefully a decent transfer. Disappointed (but not surprised) there are no extras but would have loved it if they had included the scenes from the TV version as extras.

I enjoyed Water World but felt the Ulysses cut made it a much better film. Better pacing, more character development, and a less abrupt ending.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members