What's new

fan placement in rack section of Entertainment center (1 Viewer)

David Sorenson

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a new entertainment center and need to provide circulation in the rack section.
The rack section is completley enclosed with a fairly tight sealing door. There is only 1 small hole in the back for cords (which is jam packed). Within the rack section air can move around the front of the shelves as there is about 1" between the shelf and the door. The back of the shelves have a 4" U shaped opening for cords so air could flow that way as well. The receiver is on top and is the main heat generator. The CD player doesn't have any vents on the unit so I assume it's fairly cool. The DVD player is the only other unit with vents and is on the lower shelf.
I was considering 3 setups. 1) put a fan on the Receivers level to blow in or out (don't know which is better). 2) put a fan on the receivers level and the lower level with one blowing in and one blowing out. 3) Put two fans on the receivers level with one blowing in and one blowing out.
Any suggestions on which would be best?
------------------

Dave Gates

Agent
One fan on the receiver (upper) level blowing out. Also put an open vent at the lowest level to provide for air circulation within the rack. With out the vent the fan will not have anywhere to pull air from, and would be virtually useless.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I've seen intake vents you could get that have a dust filter to cut down on the amount of dust pulled into the encloser. It won't prevent all dust because you'll still be opening the door, but without it, you'll be sucking in dirt with all that air for circulation.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks