Fan made James Bond DVD covers w/ original art?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_M_M, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

i've heard they exist, can someone point me to them or help me out?
    i'd really appreciate it. thanks!
    ------------------
    They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt

2. Russ Lucas

Russ Lucas Stunt Coordinator

3. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Any word on similar covers for the Hitchcock discs?

4. Russ Lucas

I haven't heard of any except for scans of the poster art for "Vertigo," but I won't be surprised if somebody puts them together now in light of the box sets.
    Perhaps the cartoon Hitchcock rendering could go on the spines. I'd go for it.

5. Greg Stanford

Greg Stanford Auditioning

6. Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M Stunt Coordinator

he's yet to include the high res versions though.
    has anyone ever gotten their hands on them?
    ------------------
    They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt

7. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Wow. Seriously cool covers there... MGM's art dept could definitely learn something from this guy, whoever he is.
    ------------------
    /Kimmo [​IMG]

"Don't tell me; we're about to go over a huge waterfall?"
    "Yep."
    "Sharp rocks at the bottom?"
    "Most likely."
    "Bring it on."

8. Russ Lucas

Kevin,
    No, nobody's gotten hold of them yet. I've had e-mail contact with zinema parallel to the other guy who posted at the bottom of the thread. As of the end of last week, his reply was, to paraphrase, "Soon, but not yet."
    There are many people here who will be jumping at the chance to replace the rainbow-headshot yucchy cover art on the Bond discs, so I'm sure it will be announced in this forum when they are downloadable.

9. Maxwell

Maxwell Auditioning

Okay, here's the scoop on the hi-res Bond covers, via Zinema himself. They're all online for download now. They're actually hidden as an "Easter Egg" on one of the major DVD websites. Here's how to get to them:
    Go to www.thedigitalbits.com.
    On the navbar at the left, click on "Reviews".
    Select "Series" from the alphabetical directory of reviews.
    Click on "The James Bond Collection on DVD"
    The Easter Egg is hidden on this page - wave your mouse pointer around under the picture of the Bond girl. When you see the hidden icon, click on it and you'll get a pop-up download page to get the hi-res covers (21 in all). Happy downloading!

10. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

wow...cool...just those are HUGE files...gonna take a few days on my good ol' 56k [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Robert Lutter
    "When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil."
    -Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy
    http://lutter.i.am
    DVD Profiler

11. Nate Thompson

Awesome job, these covers are remarkable...
    Would it be possible to take these covers to a professional place and have them printed? Anyone have any idea how much that would cost? I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap but my Bond collection would look damn nice with these.
    Great work Zinema and thanks for getting them online for all of us to enjoy!
    ------------------
    Nate Thompson (http://www.dvdshrine.com)

12. Brett Miles

Brett Miles Stunt Coordinator

Sweet! I've been waiting for this for awile now. This isn't going to fast for me so far, though. Why don't the rest of you guys just forget you saw the link for a few days and let me get everything downloaded a little faster. Btw does anyone have any idea how much it would cost if, say, I go to Kinko's and print all these things? This might have to be the first time I have to use my zip drive!

13. Rollie

Rollie Stunt Coordinator

14. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Those do look great! Nate and Brett, I wonder if Thomas Reprographics, or any repro house, could do it for you. They might have issues with the licenses though. Check 'em out.
    ------------------
    M. Hyde

15. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I don't know if Zinema will be cool with this or not (I'm sure if he's not I'll get another angry email from him [​IMG]), but...
    I have all the files downloaded and burned to CD. I'd be happy to work out making a copy for anyone who wants one and can't deal with the download time on a 56k or worse connection.
    I have a cable connection, so each file nabbed for me in like 2 minutes, and again I'm sure I could work something out to get copies to anyone who can't get them on slow connections.
    Email me: mailto:[email protected]
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Like OFFICE SPACE? Your feedback can help us get a SE reissue, Click Here.
    "If you want everything to be cheap then you're in the wrong hobby." -Rob Gillespie

16. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    Fantastic! Thank you Zinema for making these and to Bill Hunt of The Digital Bits for finally making these available. They are great looking!
    Neil
    ------------------
    "Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

17. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I have discussed this with the artist behind the covers and have gotten permissioin to redistribute the covers on CD to anyone interested.
    I will probably also stick my total movie covers, and mike's total movie covers on the disc as well, just to fill the thing.
    "Zinema" has pretty much given me free permission to handle this however I want, but respect to his wishes that cash not exchange hands I offer the following:
    I will provide, with one day turn around, a CD-R featuring all the JB covers and whatever else will fit on the CD for free. Anyone interested need only supply 1 blank cd-r media and a self addressed stamped envelope for the return of the burnt disc. (Padded envelope with a PRIORITY MAIL stamp encouraged, but $1.50 in postage should cover it!)
    Anyone without a cable connection at home or access to a high speed dataline at work will probably find that sending me a blank cd will save them a few days of downloading. [​IMG]
    Again, anyone interested can email me:
    mailto:[email protected]
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Like OFFICE SPACE? Your feedback can help us get a SE reissue, Click Here.
    "If you want everything to be cheap then you're in the wrong hobby." -Rob Gillespie

18. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

Okay, so I've got all the covers and they open fine under the generic Windows imaging program. However, when I open them under photoshop (5.0) I get 7 vertical and 3 horizontal blue lines criss-crossing through the image. I can't seem to find what setting is wrong under the program to make the lines disappear (they go through the image and extend into whatever unused area there is in the open window). Anyone have suggestions on how to eliminate this problem?
    mike.
    ------------------
    Do It Right or Don't Do It at All®

19. Glenn

Glenn Stunt Coordinator

Hey,
    I just downloaded these pictures tonight as well. I am also interested in maybe getting them printed out in a better quality than I can do here at home.
    Has anybody checked with the guy who created them to see if he has a problem in us getting them printed at Kinkos or simliar places?
    Second questions would be: Has anybody checked anywhere to see what the cost to print them out would be?
    Thanks,
    Glenn

20. Karl_Wiers

Karl_Wiers Auditioning

Mike,
    The thin blue lines are called guidelines (or just Guides) and are used to create standard layouts from one image to another. Notice how certain major features of the art intersect with the lines? They are strictly a layout tool and do not appear when printing. If they really bother you, press CTRL+'. Guidelines are a feature of any professional image tool...
    Karl