Famous Blue Raincoat - Jennifer Warnes

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark_Waldrep, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Mark_Waldrep

Mark_Waldrep Stunt Coordinator

I had the opportunity to spend a large portion of yesterday reviewing archival materials and discussing a couple of projects with Jennifer Warnes, one of the truely great voices of the past 30 years. This beautiful woman can really sing! Anyway, we are considering a couple of things including a new recording of Leonard Cohen songs in Austin later this year, remixing the "Famous Blue Raincoat" in surround with lots of additional stuff added, or a "retrospective" on her duet work and collaborations with Leonard, Joe Cocker, Bill Medley, and others.

Any comments or suggestions from this group? Two of her tracks on the AIX Records John McEuen/Jimmy Ibbotson DVD have garnered very positive comments from fans and reviewers alike. I would love to make a high-resolution recording of her singing with the astounding backup band that she is assembling.

Thanks for the continued support and I look forward to surveying the response. I've also considered "pre-selling" a limited number of specially packaged, signed original copies as a way of making the project financially viable...it seems distributors are wary of "older artists". I've seen this done with serial television shows (So-Called Life) and it seems the fans appreciate the opportunity. Just a thought...

2. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

Mark,

Wow I would love to see Jenifer Warnes come to hi res, her best album, Hunter IMO is just awsome. I would buy anything that she puts out on DVD-A or SACD, and I agree she has one of the great voices in the last three years.

Greg.

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I love famous blue raincoat. Tori Amos has covered it, and it's one of my favorite songs. I think I would have to check it out for sure [​IMG]
    or any colaberation with leonard actually.

4. andrew markworthy

Recordings of new Leonard Cohen songs, please. FBR is one of my reference discs when checking out new hi-fi equipment, but to be honest, I'd listen to it if it was mono and had been recorded with a sock over the microphone. So what I'm trying to say is: better audiophile standards good; more songs better.

5. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee