What's new

Famitsu rates Super Mario Sunshine (1 Viewer)

Oscar_R

Second Unit
Mario Sunshine - Nintendo: 36/40
pretty good, not as high as Mario 64, but still good.
source:
Link Removed
other scores:
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 9 - Konami: 35/40
Beach Spikers - Sega-AM2: 32/40
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO - Capcom: 31/40
Disney All-Star Sports Soccer - Konami: 28/40
Shinkisekai Evolutia - Sting: 27/40
Mutsu Tonohohon - Tomy: 23/40

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I believe those scores are from Famitsu-GameCube, a weekly GC only magazine & not the "real" Famitsu. It's an unofficial mag that tends to review higher than the "real" magazine.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
¥*¡¼¥ï¡¼¥É¤òÊѹ¹¤·¤Æ¡¢¤â¤¦°ìÅÙ¸¡º÷¤ò¤·¤Æ¤ß¤Æ¤¯¤À¤µ ¤¤¡£

Oscar_R

Second Unit
I'm on a wait and see mode. Mario 64 was such a revolutionary game for it's time, it just blew everyone away. Since then, i've come to the realization that 3-D jumping puzzles SUCK.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Miyamoto said that Super Mario Sunshine isn't doing much more than expanding on what was in Super Mario 64. It's supposed to be a good game, not a revolutionary one.

I'd prefer it to be revolutionary, but after Mario 64 it's kind of hard to revolutionize the genre again.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I'd prefer it to be revolutionary, but after Mario 64 it's kind of hard to revolutionize the genre again.
Agreed. But what if Miyamoto experimented with a 4th dimensional fractal graphic style that transcends our notions of 3 dimensional space? That could be revolutionary...

Why is is that all the screen captures for Sunshine thus far look really really jaggy?

-joseph

Craig A

Stunt Coordinator
Joesph, the strange thing about Super Mario Sunshine is that screen captures all look pretty bad, but the game in motion looks really good. I was ready to pass on SMS until I saw some in-game footage.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Heres an excellent write up on gamers.com. This guy has me really excited about the game! (August 26th can only come so fast):
SMS

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Here and excellent write up on gamers.com. This guy has me really excited about the game! (August 26th can only come so fast):
So true, so true, but before you know it it'll be here and we can all go out and buy the third season of the Sopranos, and all the Tarantino films. :)
Hey, I know that's what I'm getting that day

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Apparently (he said, searching for where on the Edge forums he read it. Probably somewhere in the Mario Sunshine folder), 'real' Famitsu have given it 38. Also, the two 8s from Famitsu Gamecube were because the second half of the game is too hard. Which for Mario64 veterans has to be A Good Thing, surely?

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
There is often a fine line between a game being truly challenging and a game that is simply cheap. Perhaps this Mario game crosses that line on occasion.

Aaron

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Having played Jumping Flash (very good) and Floating Runner (below average) before Mario 64 came out, Mario 64 didn't seem revolutionary to me at all. But it was damned good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks