What's new

Family Plot (1976) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

51wcVNmibFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
I liked Family Plot, but admittedly it is lackluster. Good performances though, and worth watching.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Is this a re-master or the same one that came in the recent Hitchcock blu-ray box set that got horrible reviews on video quality?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
These are all single releases from the Hitchcock Blu-ray set so I am
most confident there was no remastering done.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Rob Mac said:
Is this a re-master or the same one that came in the recent Hitchcock blu-ray box set that got horrible reviews on video quality?
I'm assuming it's a solo-disk reissue, as I don't expect Universal to have gone back into the lab for a catalog title, but I'm HOPING enough hit the fan about the boxset disk that they'd have gone back and done a quiet Patton do-over on it.

(And I like the movie! It's "just" a little quirky suspense-comedy, yes, but it's from the North By Northwest screenwriter, and as Hitch comedies go, it's a lot more funny than the leaden Trouble With Harry.)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Family Plot was the first Hitchcock movie I saw in the movie theater. It remains one of my favorites to this day.

(I have the UK LE Hitchcock set, so no need to double dip on this single disc edition.)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I think it's a cute little souffle. A very nice diversion. Perfect casting. Maybe not as polished as To Catch a Thief, but certainly enjoyable.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
JohnMor said:
I think it's a cute little souffle. A very nice diversion. Perfect casting. Maybe not as polished as To Catch a Thief, but certainly enjoyable.
I completely agree. A delightul little dessert that makes a wonderfully tongue-in-cheek cap to Hitchcock's career.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks