What's new

Family Guy Volume 6 (1 Viewer)

Matthew_B

Agent
Real Name
Matthew
I'm noticing something a little strange when compared to past volume releases.

I'm only on disc one so far, but from what I'm gathering each episode has a "special features" section on its sub-menu and inside that you can access the "original televised episode." This original televised episode is obviously censored, whereas the episodes accessed from the main menu are all uncensored (maybe extended, but I haven't watched enough yet to find out).

The "original televised episodes" definitely have their own video track because I've come across one example of a scene with blurred vulgarity on the "original televised" version but it's left intact when watched from the main menu (so the uncensored version). It could be video branching but I don't think so (there's no pause with the player between scenes).

Therefore the number of episodes per disc should technically be doubled (so disc one has 5 episodes, but 10 have been fit onto the disc). I'm wondering if the video bit rate is suffering as a result of fitting so much onto each disc.

None of the reviews I've found online seem to discuss this. Does anyone know anything more about this?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they've been extended; just uncensored. I haven't bothered with the original versions but are there really a lot of episodes with blurs? Perhaps it's just that one episode. Considering that they hardly use the full potential of each disc it wouldn't be an issue if 2-3 episodes had two video tracks. To be honest, I've never been that impressed with the video quality of FG on DVD; any time there's a still image, it's very jagged and jumpy which I haven't encountered with any other animated series.

Eric James

Agent
Most episodes are extended, heres a runtime list (that I took from http://www.sitcomsonline.com/familyg...dvdreview.html)

Disc 1:
“No Meals on Wheels” (21:22)
“Boys Do Cry” (22:44)
“No Chris Left Behind” (22:10)
“It Takes a Village Idiot, and I Married One” (23:00)
“Meet the Quagmires” (21:58)

Disc 2:
“Movin’ Out (Brian’s Song)” (21:49)
“Believe it or Not, Joe’s Walking on Air” (22:15)
“Stewie Kills Lois” (23:18)
“Lois Kills Stewie” (26:10)
“Padre de Familia” (23:56)
“Peter’s Daughter” (22:27)

Disc 3:
“McStroke” (23:27)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888