What's new

FAMILY GUY "uncensored" news (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Fox is releasing a "best of" FAMILY GUY disc to promote Seth MacFarlane's new series AMERICAN DAD. Here's some details from the Video Business Online article:

Looks like Fox is using the uncut episode as an excuse for a double-dip.

Phil_L

Second Unit
As much as I hate double dips, I will probably pick this one up. Thanks for the news Matt.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'll pass. The inclusion of the one Bin Laden line doesn't warrant a purchase from me. I think the average person who sees "Uncensored" on the packaging may figure there is more to this release than there really is.

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
I'll pick this up after the price drops a bit.

Any word on whether or not this will contain any of the other previously-edited episodes?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I don't know, but if I read the TVShowsOnDVD.com article correctly, it sounds like you will get a couple of the commentaries that Fox removed from the first release...including a Brian and Stewie one on Road to Rhode Island.

I'll probably pick this up, to have that restored...and some sneak peaks at American Dad, and a few other things it will be worth the $13 it will probably end up costing.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

It is more that just one line that was cut. There's a whole scene of them going through the security checkpoint.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
A shot goes off during a bank robbery (I think?) by accident, then you cut to two kids showing off their pez dispensers.

"I got the JFK pez dispenser!"

Then the bullet shatters the pez dispenser in the head.

Its not too bad, really. I saw it on Cartoon Network, so the lost footage couldnt be too far from missing.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
The Pez sequence is intact on the R2 edition, so restoring it wouldn't be a lot of trouble at all.

"At least I've still got my Bobby Kennedy Pez dispenser!"

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I thought all the episodes were censored. Everyone talks about how funny this show is but I've watched it quite a few times and it's never made me laugh. I can only assume that the funny parts that people refer to have been edited out of every presentation of the show that I've ever seen.

paul_austin

Second Unit
it's really kinda unfair to the consumer....dont get me wrong i'm glad it's coming out but really we thought we were buying them uncut before....or we assumed so

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks