What's new

Family Guy: THE MOVIE (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I don't know... it would be like the South Park movie. The show has charms because of the "I can't believe they said that" factor. I love the South Park movie, but that's because they did something different that WORKED. But they also had the groundwork laid for that, with several songs in the regular show.

But I'll wait for the movie, since I love Family guy. We'll see!

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Best news i've heard in ages. if it lives up to even the worst episodes from the series i'll be a happy man.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Awesome!

And by the way, I've almost got Chris' voice (Seth Green) down.

"You said I came out of your vagina!"

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
That is AWESOME! Family Guy is one of my favorite shows of all time. I will definitely be checking this out as soon as I can.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Fantastic!

Stewie: Now cut my milk!
Waiter: Uh, sir, it's liquid.
Stewie: IDIOT! Freeze it, then CUT it! And if you ever question my authority again, I shall give you diaper duty! And believe me, I will not make it easy on you.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Quagmire: Alllllll-right!:emoji_thumbsup:

"No sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!" - Stewie

In a world where creativity is stifled by political correctness, one animation team is stupid enough to break all the rules...

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Fantastic News! I've always liked the show ever since it was on FOX, and now that it has a good schedule on CN I'm just digging the show.

Bring on the movie!

Ryan FB

Second Unit
I'm digging the news, and will definitely watch/buy anything Family Guy, but I think it would be cooler to do a straight-to-DVD "season" than a movie. I love the show, but I think part of the reason it's so good is because the ~22 minute show lengths keep it fresh and allow it to go all over the place in terms of subject matter and humor. Some of the lesser episodes do seem to drag on, and I'm not sure how well the format/style would translate to a movie-length installment. Now that the show has found some real popularity in it's afterlife on DVD (and TBS/Cartoon Central reruns), and has proven to be quite lucrative, a resurrection in season format could continue the show on even past "just one more DVD release," and be even more vindication for the people involved. I think a lot of people are just now getting actually exposed to the show for the first time recently, and enjoying it immensely (yes, I'll admit, I never saw Family Guy until I blind bought Vol. 1 on DVD from all the recommendations I'd been hearing).

That's just my take though :D ;)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I been having the same qualms myself ryan because family guy tackled so many issues that if you do a movie, your limited to only one but I have faith in the crew of Family Guy. This is proberly one of the only DTV releases I'm excited for because usually DTV release is a sequal to a movie and so it has a lot smaller budget but with this release it like a step up :)

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I wouldn't say issues but what I more or less meant is that when it had an episode about death or anything else it was a variety of things. If they do a movie it's and 1-2 hours of just one topic.

Galen_V

Second Unit
Ryan-over at IGN.com Andy (the new DVD editor) posted this little paragraph in his weekly "Letter from the Editor":
Well, our next interview will be with Seth MacFarlane, creator of The Family Guy. It was nice to talk to someone with a common background. He learned art at the Rhode Island School of Design and I grew up ten miles away in Cranston. Funny thing is, neither one of us has a R.I. accent. He told me about the movie plans plus some other stuff, like continuing the show on Cartoon Network. It will probably run on Friday.
While the interview isn't up yet (I would assume it would be up on Friday, unless he meant the TV show wil run on Friday), it sounds like you will get the best of both worlds-a new season AND a movie!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sweet Jesus! If a new season of Family Guy is produced I will jump out of my skin and do a little skeleton dance :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks