What's new

Family Guy on TBS? (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
When did this happen? I just turned it over to TBS and they are showing the Family Guy! According to the TBS site, they have scheduled it into the 2:30 EST slot?

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Yeah I saw that too. They aired the first episode of Futurama at 2:00 and the first episode of Family Guy at 2:30.

I don't know when TBS got rights to air it, they certainly didn't advertise like Cartoon Network did - but the more people that see these shows, the better I suppose.

My friend told me something funny yesterday. Cartoon Network's Adult Swim gets better ratings than Jay Leno and David Letterman - stupid Fox.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I read an article at EMOnline laat week saying they were going to start airing those shows this week at 2 and 2:30. TBS and Cartoon Network are both owned by AOL-TW, so AOL's contract with FOX must allow them to show the shows on more than 1 of their networks.

AndrewD

Stunt Coordinator
TBS is losing the kind of viewers (Men 18-34) that are attracted to Adult Swim. TBS felt a good way to pick up the slack would be with shows that are doing great on Cartoon Network with that demo.

In theory, it may work, but there are doubts. The TBS on-air atmosphere is a lot different than Adult Swim. Will these shows fit in the same line-up as 'Roseanne', 'Home Improvement' and 'Drew Carey'?

TBS has a different audience than Adult Swim also. Will they appreciate the new shows?

Finally, who exactly are the men 18-34 that are watching TV at 2p in the afternoon?

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator
My friend told me something funny yesterday. Cartoon Network's Adult Swim gets better ratings than Jay Leno and David Letterman - stupid Fox.
Actually it's only in one specific demographic (men 18-34). Overall Leno, Letterman and co. are watched by millions more than "Futurama" or "Family Guy."

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, I noticed the commercials for Family Guy on at 11:30 (I think) on the Cartoon Network while the episode on TBS was playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks