Family Guy: funniest show on TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Broadman, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Holy conole, was I the only one who laughed like a fool during last night's episode of the Family Guy? I don't know if it was new, as I missed many eps this season (have now remedied that with the recent purchase of the mighty Tivo), so sorry if this was discussed before.

My goodness, there were so many great moments. Peter's Palyhouse:

"There's a chair that freakin' talks..."

"Meka-leka hi, meka-hiny... God I hate you"

Stewie:

"It appears my wee-wee is stricken with rigomortis."

Other great ones:

"My jacket's in the kitchen, please don't write on it."

"Sorry, it's the vibration."

"Oh my god, he's speaking in tongues! Meg, start reading Psalm 41 and don't stop until I tell you."

This is the funniest show on TV now as far as I'm concerned. Sure, alot of it is cheap shock-gags, but they work, and I love it.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

My girlfriend and I often watch The Family Guy while simultaneously being horrified and laughing out loud. Great show.

Here's hoping they keep it on the air, the third time round.

3. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

"So, it's agreed. We'll continue to act like we like pig's feet so as to confound the white man."

"I'm tellin' ya, Juice, she's fooling around on you. You can't let her get away with that."

"Dear diary . . . Jackpot!" (I love Quagmire)

"Hey HEY hey!"

"I was always there with you guys. When George and Weezie moved on up to the East Side, those were glorious times. But I was there in the harder times, too, like when Florida lost James to that horrific auto accident, or when Tootie got on those painful braces. When Arnold got beat up by The Gooch, I was there!"

4. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

5. Sean Cauley

Sean Cauley Stunt Coordinator

Mike, the reference to Florida and James is about Good Times, when the writers killed off John Amos's character so he could quit the show. Arnold is Gary Coleman's character from Diff'rent Strokes, and The Gooch was the often-discussed, never-seen school bully.

Other Family Guy moments that came to me since my last post:

The American Beauty spoof with the turkey legs coming out of the cheerleader's sweater

Lois saying "ridiculous," which is apparently today's secret word, and all the playhouse characters screaming

"The King of Cartoons is gonna be here any minute!"

The Irish Heritage Museum: "A day in the life of an Irish man" and "A day in the life of an Irish woman"

"What does 'rant' mean?"

6. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Thanks, Sean. Can you believe I've never seen Good Times, and I don't know what the heck it is? I think I remember Different Strokes being about a couple of black kids and their white father. Aren't they all on drugs now or something?

That Dennis Miller thing was hilarious. What a fantastic way to start a show.

7. Darren Davis

Darren Davis Stunt Coordinator

I'll have to agree, I was laughing SOOOO hard at last night's episode. Once the Irish museum bit came on and it had the "Day in the life of the Irish Man/Woman" I fell on the floor laughing so hard. "Haha yeah, I remember the spill, a lot of seals died. It was all over the news...well, I better be saddlin' up. Let me just get out of he...can't get out that way. Ok...found the emergency exit."

8. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

O man. This episode absolutely freaking ruled. Every episode has been priceless and I await the day I will be able to hold the shiny silver discs of Family Guy in my hand. My favorite parts have already been said so I will list one that hasn't

"Yeah my grandfather owned one of the first dozen phones"

"Hello is Jim there"

"No Im sorry this is 6 you wanted 2."

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

This show was only good when it started, and while its not as good as the Simpsons, it does have some really good laughs each episode. I would love another season.

10. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yes, im in love with family guy, funniest show ever... gosh, i roflmao every time i watch it...

11. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Hey, did anyone catch what was in the diary that Brian read? I paused that frame (Tivo rules!), right after he read aloud from it and holds it up to show Peter that the laugh was written down. The pages had different words, though. I don't remember exactly what they were, but it was something about stepping poo and then laughing.

12. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Don't forget that Family Guy will air twice(2 different episodes) on Dec 20th-episode "Ready, Willing and Disabled"
    then on the 21st with "A Very Freakin Family Guy X-mas Special"
    BOTH NEW EPISODES!

BAD NEWS I read on the Family Guy website, that Fox was determining Family Guy's fate according to the ratings of last week. And Fox had its lowest ratings. Family Guy came in just under the tick.
    I think Family Guy got a 2.7 in ratings.
    It's speculation, but Fox MAY cancell it.
    So everyone, try to watch this weeks episode and the next two before x-mas.

13. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

2 new Family Guy. Sweet. I really hope that Fox does not cancel this show and they realize how great of a show they have on there hands. Hopefully they will realize how much money they could make off of a dvd release.