What's new

Family Guy DVD- US release around Xmas? (1 Viewer)

Jim__B

Stunt Coordinator
I did not see this posted here yet so here goes. Over at Planet Family they are saying there is a good chance of a release around Christmas. They don't have a lonk so I don't know how reiliable the source is. It will supposedly contain the never aired episode also.
Hopefully Futurama won't be far behind.
Now if they could only speed up the Simpsons release schedule.

AdamZ

Stunt Coordinator
Super Sweet, although the show got kinda of annoying after a while. WHERE ARE THE SIMPSONS

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I actually think the show got better. It's all relative, of course, but it seemed that they got past the easy-target ethnic and stereotype humor of the early episodes and developed a nice sense of surreal humor and pop-culture satire. The final few episodes were some of the best. I don't know if I've seen anything as hilariously peculiar as Peter Griffin screwing up the typical three wishes scenario by wishing he had no bones!

Can't wait if there's a US DVD on the horizon!

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
^hahhahahahaahhahhaha...great stuff.

"Uh...pea...uhhh...tear...uuhhhh...griffen. Peter Griffen! Aww crap!"

Great show, I seriously can't wait for this DVD!

Kami

Screenwriter
A show I will never tire of...and I will throw a party if this comes out on DVD.
So....damned....funny...
here's a few random quotes...enjoy :D
"Tom: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a lower-middle class Irish family."
"Stewie: I needn't fear this Santa. He if he were truly omnipotent he'd have the testicular fortitude to show himself!"
"Brian: Peter, did you read the fine print on this loan contract?
Peter: Um, if by "read" you mean imagined a naked lady, then, yes."
"Peter: I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."
"Hey, what are you doing here?" -Peter
"I killed a hooker. She made a crack about me being faster than a speeding bullet so I ripped her in half like a phonebook." -Superman
"I love God, he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie
Announcer: "Pawtucket Patriot beer. If you buy it, hot women will have sex in your backyard."
Peter to Connie: "Sweet statutory, you look beautiful."
American Beauty parody, peter sees bag blowing in the wind:
Peter: Look...it's dancing with me. It's like there's this incredibly benevolent force that wants me to know that there's no reason to be afraid. Sometimes there's so much beauty in this world, it makes my heart burst."
Camera pans up to God in the clouds:
God: It's just some trash blowing in the wind! Do you have any idea how complicated your circulatory system is?!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Cartoons are pretty much the only thing I will buy on Region1 DVD, except for the Simpsons. I did give into the R2 Family Guy and Futurama releases, I believe season 2 releases of both these shows are due in the coming months.

The R2 family guy has issues, various drop outs here and there, missprinted as being 5.1 on the back of the box and no extras whatsoever. 2 discs and uncut season 1, could be found for an ok price so I got it, I am happy with it despite its flaws. The transfers left a lot to be desired too, some real poor compression work. Whenever it hits R1, if its significantly better (which wouldnt surprise me) I will trade up.

The Futurama set is wonderful, really is. Quite pleased with that purchase I must admit.

Dan

EricW

Senior HTF Member
interesting - i just visited the site and they said the DVD would include the lost "Weinstein" episode. i thought this was from the third season? does that mean they're releasing the full run in one package or simply putting in a lost 3rd season episode with the first season batch?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
With that episode, there's 50 total. I can see them putting out the whole series on one set.
With seven episodes per disc (simpsons season one **except for disc 3 which has most of the extras** did this)...
Disc one
1-7 (or 7 and make it the first season disc)
Disc two
8-14
Disc three
15-21
Disc four
22-28
Disc five
29-35
Disc six
36-42
Disc seven
43-50
However, jamming 7-8 episodes per disc could lead to some heafty compression artifacs. However, they are only 22 minutes per episode...
I kind of hope they don't do something like that though...I would much rather have season sets, but if they are going to release the whole series in one big whoop, I'll still buy them. ;)

AdamZ

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to scare everybody but remeber Back to the Future was supposed to be released like two years before it was and Simpsons Season 2 was supposed to come out in like May or June. I know this is just a few titles but I am not getting my hopes up until i see an official press release

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Dare I ask why that episode was never aired? And does the site give detail as to who actually confirmed this?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:eek: YAAAYY! WHOOHOOOO! Man, i cannot wait, Family guy is one of the best shows ever...

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
I am pretty skeptical about it's release in R1. There are so many R2's of US TV Shows (I mean a TON) that never make it over here.

But, it's all speculation and I truly want it to be released here in it's entirety.

The unaired "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" details....
Synopsis:
An inspirational visit from a successful Jew - who could be the answer to Peter's financial crisis - leads Peter to push Chris to go Jewish, so he too will be successful.
Notes:
Rumours abound that this episode was banned by Fox. Rumours seem to point to the heavy number of Jewish jokes within this episode as for the reason it didn't air. It did however air in Germany.

I’ll be looking forward to this DVD set, let’s hope those rumors are true!

(Shamelessly adding my favorite Family Guy quote.)

Stewie Griffin: [To ticket agent] Now listen to me... [looks at agent's name tag] Jo-LENE! I've got an army to raise and I must get to Managua. I require a window seat and an in-flight Happy Meal and NO PICKLES! OH, GOD HELP YOU IF I FIND PICKLES!

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
That William Shatner cameo was, and still is, one of the funniest things I've ever seen. This set will be mine.
"Beam me up, God." :laugh:

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I would definately buy family guy sets. It made me laugh alot more than the simpson's ever did. But hey thats me. I was wondering if these were correct for episodes per season.

Season One = 7
Season Two = 21
SeaSOn Three = 21

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
There are two sequences for numbering Family Guy. One is production codes, by which season one had 15 episodes and season 2 had 22. Season three got to 13 or 14 episodes before cancellation.

The other way of numbering is going with Fox's "seasons" of episodes aired in batches. Seven of the first series were a "season." The remaining 8 of the first series and 13 of the second series were the second "season."

The unaired episode was the fifth put into production for season two.

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
Ahh, the late lamented Family Guy.

Would be a great set. I'm also hoping for a Futurama set to follow.

"Fat girls need love too. They just gotta pay for it!" -Quagmire

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks