Family Guy DVD Re-Issues

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChadKo, Mar 16, 2005.

1. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

What are the specs of the re-release of both Family Guy DVD sets and was there REALLY a point to put these out AGAIN?!?!?

Chad

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean the "best of" (Freakin' Sweet Collection), or something else?

Gord

3. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

This is just a wild guess, but he could be talking about a price drop. I noticed Volumes 1 and 2 had dropped significantly in price (about $30) in a store recently.

4. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Costo has both FAMILY GUY sets and all five SIMPSONS sets on sale this week for only $19.99 each.

5. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

I manage a TransWorld retail store and on our new release sheets there are limited edition dvd sets of the 1st 2 volumes coming out (I forgot the date) as well as some CDs from the show

Chad

Ill have the dates tomorrow

6. Ocean Phoenix

What do you mean by "limited editions"? How are they different from the current volumes 1 and 2 release?

7. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

If there are more eps with commentary restored , I'll buy em all

8. Ocean Phoenix

I heard that (In Seth Mcfarlane's opinion), the commentary on the current Family Guy DVD sets sucks. Someone told him that they listened to the commentaries, and he said "really? you actually got through them?" Would anyone care to confirm or refute the charge against the commentaries? [​IMG] I'd like to know what peoples' opinions are on the commentaries, since I haven't heard them. Also, why would commentary need to be "restored"?

9. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

I read that MacFarlane did full commentaries for every episode and Fox wouldn't release them intact. Only a few of the episodes have commentary and I believe that even some of the commentaries were censored by Fox. There is an interview with MacFarlane on the tvshowsondvd.com site where he mentions this.

--Ian

10. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

The editing of commentary tracks is very, very common. Sometimes the participants say things that would get the company in trouble, or other times they are recorded a few times and then the finished track is an edit of all the material.

Gord

11. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

I don't doubt it. I just wish they had done what they did for Season 1 of South Park. Release them as CDs or something.

As far as these supposed "limited edition" releases if you goto the Futureshop and the Canadian Best Buy websites they have listings for the original releases as well as new listings stating "limited edition" with an April release date. The specs they list are identical between the the two sites as well as identical to the current releases. Very confusing.

--Ian