What's new

Family Guy - 35 Brand New Episodes! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Holy crip it's a crapple!

A good friend of mine who is in "the know" so to speak has confirmed that there will be a new season of Family Guy set for Jan 2005!

He doesn't know if it'll be shown on Fox or Cartoon Network.

I think we can thank the high selling DVD boxsets for this!

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
That's a great rumor but until it's announced officially there's not too much to get excited over. A lot can change in a year.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
I forgot to add that this was also mentioned in USA Today, I think. That's what my friend said.

The final decision would be within a month, so by then we'll have an official word.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Kevin's reaction to the thread title:

*GASPGASPGASPGASPHUAHUAHUA!!*

Finally, in a world where the funniest thing on current television is a gadget guy in a spy show*, this new ray of hope comes shining through. Family Guy has to be one of the funniest television shows of the last 5 years. Don't believe me? Check out the Win Lose or Draw game concerning a jackal in "One if by Clam, Two if by Sea" and countless other moments in the show where you actually laugh out loud.

* = Not saying that's a bad thing. I love Marshall. He's hilarious

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am not a fan of the show(sorry). But, if this show does get new episodes. It will be some proof that the Neilson ratings are outdated and innaccurate.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't get too excited yet. There are a lot of instances of "may," "could," and "might" in that article.

But it shows Fox Network what might have been if they'd left the damn show in the same timeslot for more than two weeks at a time. It might now be one of their highest rated shows. Instead they'd rather develop shows like "Skin" that can be canceled after three weeks. :rolleyes

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Check out the Win Lose or Draw game concerning a jackal in "One if by Clam, Two if by Sea" and countless other moments in the show where you actually laugh out loud.
One of my favorites. "If it wasn't right the first time you said it why the hell would it be right the next ten times?!"

David Owens

Agent
God, I hope this comes true....

The direct to video movie would have been nice too, but who can argue about 35 new episodes ! :D Just do whatever it takes to get the complete original voice cast back (I don't think that should be a problem), and we're set.

Now we might get a bit of that "Simpsons" style merchandise flowing with the revival. I for one have been jonesing for a Bobble-head Quagmire action figure for my desk.

"Heh, heh.....alriiiiiiiiiight"

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
From the USA Today article:
But canceled favorites aren't likely to rise from the grave en masse. Family Guy has one major advantage: With no actors and no sets, it can simply be drawn back into existence.
No actors? Where do they think the characters' voices came from? :rolleyes

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
No actors? Where do they think the characters' voices came from?
What they mean, not what they say. The time commitment required for a voice actor is much less than that for an actor in a live action show. Also, in a pinch, a voice can be recast withut changing the physical appearance of a character.

Regards,

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Actually though, didn't they say an actual episode takes like 9 months to make? That would mean they'd have to go into production (pre) to get things moving for work to begin around Feb/March (to meet the Jan release).

I'd say if this is true it means hearing about it now is probably close to the fact. I'd say in just a few months we'll hear something more concrete.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
And seeing as how most of the remaining members of the cast did a few commentary tracks, it shouldn't be hard to get them back, barring any scheduling issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks