Family fun on the range

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Scott L, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

2. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Well, I'm jealous. [​IMG]

That looks like a lot of fun.

3. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I didn't even know you could own have of what they had in that video. That is nuts, I love it.

4. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I can't think of an forum-appropriate way to voice my feelings about taking your 5 year old out and having him shoot automatic weapons, so I guess I'll just say that we didn't waste that much ammo during all of Marine Corps Boot Camp.

5. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

heh thats awesome, brings back memories of the good ole days.

6. ToddS

ToddS Stunt Coordinator

Heaven forbid someone teach their child the responsible way to handle a gun. [​IMG] How dare these people have a good time in a safe environment learning and experiencing firearms that generally only military personnel have access to and unless there is some ammo shortage I am not aware of then a day on the range is not a waste of ammo.

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

butt todd, machine guns are bad, evil, blow up, piss in your cherios and kick your dog.

they're also an absolute blast to shoot. Even my step-mom's 75 year old mom had fun with our's.

8. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Or, better yet, lets teach them that guns are dangerous, and should not be handled at all. Now don't you think that's a much better lesson?

Oh yeah, and IBTL.

9. george kaplan

Did you watch that video? That was NOT some class on responsible gun use. That was people using machine guns to blow up cars. Shooting off cannons. Having little kids blast away with automatic weapons.

Is that really your idea of "the responsible way to handle a gun"? What exactly is the "responsible way" to fire a cannon? Is that the weapon you want to use to stop a burglar? Is that the weapon you want to use to go deer hunting?

10. ToddS

ToddS Stunt Coordinator

I did not see anyone acting irresponsibly with any of the weapons. They were wearing eye and ear protection an no one was standing in front of the shooter. All weapons were pointed down range, and they were in a remote area. The adults were carefully guiding the children in what they did. It's not like they gave them a gun and shoved them out the door. There is an inherent danger in everything we do and we could play the what if game all day long. If you don't like guns don't participate, go and do what you like, but don't try to make this look like some yahoos are out in their cul-de-sac wildly firing these weapons at anything that moves. Since when were hunting and protecting my house the only reason to use a weapon? I enjoy going out and shooting targets, it's something to do and as long as I am not hurting anyone or anyone else's property then where is the issue.

11. george kaplan

Well I can see this is going nowhere fast, but I'll try once more.

For anyone who's not a CIA assassin or a mafia hitman, what exactly is the "responsible use" of a silencer that you want to teach kids?

12. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

C'mon George, obviously the are a conscientious lot. They don't want to wake up their neighbors with all that shooting, hence the silencer on the one gun [​IMG]

13. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I know....isn't it AWESOME?

14. ToddS

ToddS Stunt Coordinator

I don't quite understand your question George. What is irresponsible use of a silencer? Now there may not be a need for someone to have a silencer but someone may want a silencer for their collection. No one needs a sub that can hit 16hz but plenty of people want one. A lot of people have cars that can go over 100. There is no need to go that fast but if they take their car to the track and use the proper saftey precautions then have at it.

15. Greg Morse

Greg Morse Stunt Coordinator

Should any of my fellow New Englanders get the urge to shoot a suppressed MP5, you can get rent them at Machester Firing Line in Manchester, NY. Lots of other cool toys for rent too.

16. george kaplan

[​IMG]

17. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    hehe, looks like fun.[​IMG]

I'd give it a shot sometime. [​IMG]

18. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

Maybe it's just me but is it really a good idea to teach the wife how to go full auto? (just kidding...a little)

19. george kaplan

I'm an ex-Marine, who owns a handgun, and sometimes goes to a range. Some of my acquaintances seem surprised that I am so virulently anti-NRA, but it's because they support things such as the activity in this video that I will never join them.

20. Scott L

Scott L Producer

hahahaha. Thanks for the ideas. Now I'm gonna have an old Civil War cannon sit atop my stairs every night, trigger tied to my toe in case I hear something. [​IMG]