What's new

Family Affair Complete Series (Artwork enclosed) (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Thought I'd take a break from Jeannie to discuss Family Affair!

I noticed that some online retailers are posting the artwork for the complete Family Affair series set coming 11/25. Not as unique as the Jeannie set--which may be a good thing.

I just might get this, as I didn't buy the individual releases. I personally didn't like the fact that they used the same picture on the cover on for all 5 seasons. They just changed the background color, but used the same photo.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Yeah, what was up with same picture each season?! Very poorly done.

I picked up 2 seasons and was sad to see that this show just didn't hold up for me. The main cast was charming, but the writing and direction were bland beyond belief to me now. So I'll probably pass on this. Can't imagine the other three seasons not being more of the same.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The show still works for me; I have all the season sets so this is a pass. I think the writing and performances hold up.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
It was a gentle show then, and still plays that way now, and it is right up my alley.
I'm still amazed at its ability to charm me.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Well said, Jefferson. I bought all the individual seasons as they were released so this is a no buy for me. But my family and I love watching these episodes. It's not supposed to be a "modern" sitcom with a gritty edge. It's a charming, comfortable show that takes me back to simpler times. I love it!

Gary "certain shows have a knack for creating great emotional sentiment - and this is one of them for me" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Anybody own the complete series set?

Amazon has a deal right now where the complete set is $70, which averages to $14 a season. The individual seasons are around $19 a piece.

We are running out of Lassie's and I'm thinking of this as the next series I watch with my daughters. But I am always hesitant about the packaging in these complete sets with regard to disk damage. It is hard for me to tell if this is just the individual season sets in a box, or some foldout with disks in sleeves.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I've got the complete series set, and it's the five individual season sets in a box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks