What's new

Falling For Christmas (2022)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: Falling For Christmas (2022)

Tagline: This holiday season, fall for the unexpected.

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Director: Janeen Damian

Cast: Lindsay Lohan, Chord Overstreet, George Young, Jack Wagner, Olivia Perez

Release: 2022-11-10

Plot: A newly engaged and spoiled hotel heiress finds herself in the care of a handsome, blue-collar lodge owner and his precocious daughter after getting total amnesia in a skiing accident.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Falling For Christmas is Lindsay Lohan's new romantic comedy for Netflix. I think the trailer looks very cute.

I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing this. Obviously, Lohan has had some well-publicized personal issues in the past. But when she has been able to work productively, she is really good. The Parent Trap and Mean Girls are both favorites of mine and I think she gave great performances in both of them. So if she has gotten her personal issues back on track and is able to work I'd certainly be receptive to more films from her.

The film itself looks fairly predictable, but of course that doesn't mean it won't be entertaining. If Lohan is playing the daughter of a famous rich person, it does seem to stretch credibility that nobody would recognize her when she has amnesia, particularly in the age of social media. But we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I don't think you're allowed to show a Christmas rom-com anywhere other than Hallmark Channel. It might be in the Constitution.
Lifetime is where Hallmark Channels movies are re-born ;)!
1665207838379.png

And for OTA there's ION
1665207916194.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Given Lindsay Lohan's history with the song, it is interesting that they went with "Jingle Bell Rock" for the trailer song. I'm sure that was intentional. Because it is her, it does call Mean Girls to mind immediately. I wonder if it will actually be in the film or if it is just for the trailer. It seems to be Lohan singing, so I'm guessing it's for the movie.

That being said, I'm not so sure using the same song she sang in Mean Girls will really help this film establish its own identity. I understand the appeal of the callback, but I probably would have gone with another song for the sake of this film standing on its own two feet.

Last edited:

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I don't watch movies where the man is prettier than the woman.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Watched this the other day... couldn't stop thinking that Chad from Acapulco had grown up to own a ski resort... :)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If you're expecting quality from the people who brought you A Christmas Prince and Potterville I dunno what to tell ya.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks