What's new

Falling Down 10th anniversary collector's ed (1 Viewer)

JaimelM

Agent
Joel Schuemuker is adding 19 mins on a dvd
extended version of the 1992 film
starring Michael Douglas. It will be release
spring 2002.
D-Fense

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I've been so tempted to pick this title up for under 10.00 but if an extended edition is coming, I'll defintely hold off because this would be very interesting to see.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I will definitely be picking this one up.
A little off-topic but didn't you love the Falling Down Homage in "One Night at McCools"?
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't seen One Night....
So whats the homage like??
As for me-i've also been tempted to pck up the current dvd & may someday,lol.
If a longer version is being released. I'll def pick it up & hopefully it will be an even better movie.
So wheres your source? This is the first i heard,so i'll remain skeptical until further notice.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I really like this film and own the DVD.
But - unlike, for example, "Almost Famous", I can't see how the film would be helped by making it longer. All the points were made, quite clearly - one of the strengths of the film.
I can't see what more needs to be said - I would guess that lengthening the film will just make it too long.

KrisM

Second Unit
I love this movie and it was one of the first dvds I bought when I bought my first player two years ago. I think I paid about $15CDN for it but strangly enough I still have not watched it. Maybe I'll buy the S.E. and let it sit on my shelf for two years :). I think another 19 minutes might make this movie drag a little.
KrisM

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
I wonder if this info is sourced from the same reliable pundit that posted that bogus Anchor Bay release info on Aint-It-Cool a week or so ago? I'm inclined to wait for more info before I take the above news as gospel.

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
Somehow I doubt this.
For one, FALLING DOWN was released in 1993, not 1992.
`Carl
------------------
Administrator,Link Removed
My DVD List

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Longer is not necessarily better. Falling Down is a pretty tight, economical film. Count me among those who feel yet another 19 minutes added to the running time would slow the movie down. If the reports are true, it seems more sensible to put the extra 19 minutes in a deleted scene section.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Why put the extra footage in a deleted section? Use the branching feature and have the extra footage enabled through the menu so you can watch the original if you choose. I would much rather have this done with all movies that have extra footage.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
You can't just say "such and such" is coming out with an extended version for its "10th" anniversary and that's it.
What are your sources?!? Where did you hear this?
Very untrustworthy info... you can't pull stuff like that over on the the HTF people.
Sorry, this has to be as bogus as AICN's 'exclusive' Anchor Bay news from two weeks ago.
------------------
webmaster davisdvd.com
International Exclusives

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks