What's new

Falling asleep at movies? (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Never fallen asleep, but there were a few times I had to pee so bad I could hardly get up to go w/o passing out due to cramping:) Just hate missing out when I pay $8.50.
Peace Out~:D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Now at home the weirdest one was Chinatown when several of us were sitting around watching it one night. I fell asleep on the floor near the TV and was awakened by the shouting near the end.
For those who know the film, it was truly a bizarre thing to be waking up confused to. Definately a groggy WTF is going on, what is all that yelling I hear...oh, Chinatown. :)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Gosh, I guess I should be ashamed or concerned, but I happen to have fallen asleep an unusual number of times at a movie. If I got myself in order and actually kept a sane sleeping schedule, this would probably happen less often. Most movies, I don't have a problem.
My biggest problems happened when they would show classic films at Tampa Theater on Sunday afternoons and I would go into work at 5am after going to bed at 11pm or midnight just so I could get to the movies by 2pm. Yes, I really wanted to see those movies.
Interestingly enough, I have also fallen asleep during some of the same movies mentioned in this thread: Lord of the Rings: FOTR, Gosford Park, Shakespeare in Love, Episode I...
Sometimes, I'm actually pleased when this happens. I slept through 80% of a midnight show of Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. :D

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Thre was a guy in the row behind me snoring aloud when I went to see Ubreakable. He was so annoying that a few patrons left their seats to go complain about him to ushers. I simply turned around and told him politely to "wake-up" and that he's snoring.

-Reg

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I fell asleep during Dogma when I saw it in the theaters, I woke up whenever the volume got loud, and then went right back to sleep.

James_G

Stunt Coordinator
I fell asleep during a midnight showing of Titanic. I went with some friends and family even though I'd been awake since around six that morning. Big mistake. I caught most of the beginning and a little of the end. :)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Nodded off during KPAX but forced my self to stay awake so I could justify my rating of 3 out of 10. I hated that movie with a passion. Almost as much as I hated Unbreakable which I gave 3 out of 10. Yeah, I'm picky alright. Those movies downright sucked. So I was bored and sleepy. I didn't fall asleep in Unbreakable, even though it was ultra lame. I kept waiting for the hollywood "Look! Its the Plot again! He's Unbreakable! Isn't that an amazing idea?" Eyyyuuchh!

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I feel asleep during Mission Impossible. Not once, but twice! I was incredibly tired both times and couldn't stay awake. You'd think the action would have kept me from dozing, but it didn't. I do like the movie, but it took 3 tries before I made it all the way through.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
First Knight belongs on my all-time least favorite movie list. I fell asleep twice, and walked out. It was no good. To the best of my knowledge Guinevere gets kidnapped repeatedly, and Lancelot saves her repeatedly. Emphasis on repeatedly. I hated it (the parts I didn't sleep through that is).

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I fell asleep on a really awful date on Christmas Day 1997 during a showing of Titanic. Luckily, I had seen it before, on another date, and didn't miss much...then again, you could easily skip the first 90 minutes of that film anyway. I did wake up in time for the iceburg scene and all was fine. Though the date still wasn't, we even left and had 'relations' and I think I feel asleep then as well...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I nodded off during The Tigger Movie and Jimmy Neutron. My daughter woke me up, though. Jimmy Neutron was actually pretty amusing, but I was really tired that day.

Regards,

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
last night durring halloween but i had the surround loud enough that i was woken up every 3 min.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks