Fall 2013 Season Schedules (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Walter C said:
Here is the 2013-14 schedule for the CW:

TUESDAY8:00 - The Originals (New Series)THURSDAY8:00 - The Vampire Diaries
I don't understand why The Originals (nice generic title, BTW) isn't paired with Vampire Diaries, being its spin-off and all.

Supernatural is CW's only dependable workhorse. It seems to pull decent ratings no matter when it airs.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
With all the schedules out, what is your network schedule this fall?

For me, I'm finding myself watching keeping up with less network shows, and more with cable. For now, my schedule is this:

Monday - none (for now)

Tuesday - NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Mindy Project, Agents of the Shield

Wednesday - Nashville

Thursday - Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Friday - Grimm

Saturday - none

Sunday - The Amazing Race, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers

*As usual, the new shows will depend on reviews from critics and this board.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In the space of one season, Thursday has become nearly empty for me but Tuesday has gotten much bigger.

Sunday: The Simpsons
Tuesday: New Girl, Supernatural, Person Of Interest
Wednesday: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Thursday: Parks And Recreation

I'll probably take a look at SHIELD and whatever other new shows catch my eye.

Also, cable shows like Boardwalk Empire, Sons Of Anarchy, South Park and probably Girls will be on in the fall.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
With all the schedules out, what is your network schedule this fall?
I just plotted mine out as follows:
2013_fallschedule.jpg

At least a few of the new shows on there will be dropped after I've sampled a few episodes, and there will be plenty of cable competition that alters my priorities. After catching up with The Vampire Diaries this summer, the CW's a much bigger part of my schedule than it was last year. Fox is down to two shows, new genre dramas Sleepy Hollow and Almost Human, although Raising Hope will join them later on. I'll have probably dropped at least one of those by the end of the season due to either lack of interest or cancellation, so it amazing how much Fox has fallen off my schedule. As expected, Mondays and Thursdays remain my busiest nights.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've added The Blacklist on Monday's at 10p to my viewing list. I liked the preview clip.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'll be sampling the Blacklist, Crazy Ones, Agents of SHIELD, and Sleepy Hollow.

I'm having trouble receiving my local CBS affiliate OTA to DVR it, so I'm going to try watching Person of Interest live (via basic cable) as that isn't available in streaming form.

I'm also considering buying an iTunes Season Pass for Elementary, since they didn't release a Blu-ray version of the first season, and I wound up buying the season in HD from iTunes.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Spent today with a writer friend of mine viewing screeners for review for the place he writes for.. let's just say: a whole lot of dreck.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not a great beginning for the return of Michael J. Fox. From EW.com:

Thursday night’s battle of returning ’80s sitcom icons was no contest: The premiere of Robin Williams’ new CBS comedy The Crazy Ones hugely out-performed the return of Michael J. Fox to NBC.

Benefiting from a massive Big Bang Theory lead-in, ad-agency comedy The Crazy Ones had 15.6 million viewers and a 4.0 rating among adults 18-49 at 9 p.m. In the same time slot, family sitcome The Michael J. Fox Show had only 7.2 million viewers and a 2.1 demo rating, on par with last fall’s final season premiere of The Office.
And that Big Bang Theory opener? It’s the largest in the show’s history. The 8 p.m. debut had 18.3 million viewers and a 5.3 rating, while the 8:30 p.m. second episode had a stunning 19.5 million viewers and a 5.8 rating.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It appears the first cancellation of the new season is ABC's Lucky 7.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info guys, Lost my DVR due to a billing screwup for about a week. What a pain to try and find a schedule of what I like.

Loads of individual channels but good luck finding a listing of everything listed together. Looks like the only thing I'll be sacrificing is "Revolution" they just had to move it from Mondays so now it overlaps with other stuff I prefer so it drops off my list of favorites unless I can find online somewhere.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Since this thread is turning into a "DeathWatch" for the new shows, and I didn't want to pollute any (if they existed) threads on the new comedies, so here are my reactions to the new comedy shows I've sampled so far:

"The Crazy Ones" (CBS) - it's an odd show, not quite a comedy, not quite a dramedy, but it's a show about the advertising world of today, with Robin Williams at the helm, and Sarah Michelle Geller (who seems like an odd 2nd banana, and out of place). Sadly, I think the last minute of out-takes are the funniest bits on the show. It'll probably last this season, will give it a few more episodes to find its footing.
"The Millers" (CBS) - don't really like the premise of Will Arnett's character having to deal with his old parents splitting up and sowing some oats, and showing us his disgust at his parents' antics. Can't see it lasting a season. I'm out.

"Mom" (CBS) - terrible show. That's as positive as I can be about it.

"We Are Men" (CBS) - Not really liking the cast chemistry so far, maybe a little too much of a frat house show in spirit. Don't think it'll last a season. I'm probably out after 2 episodes... may give it one more episode, though.

"Super Fun Night" (ABC) - The pilot episode was a slog to get through, but there's some potential with Rebel Wilson, but her character is too much of a doormat for now. Might give it a few episodes more.

"Back in the Game" (ABC) - It's like "The Bad News Bears Grew Up" when it came to Amanda and Buttermaker, but the comedy is funny enough. Plus Maggie Lawson is easy on the eyes. I'll stick with it for now.

"The Trophy Wife" (ABC) - can't really get into this show after 2 episodes, so it's off the viewing schedule for now. Maybe I can only take so much for a show about an extended family in a comedy. But the Asian kid is funny.

"The Goldbergs" (ABC) - sort of like the Wonder Years, but without the longing and angst, but plenty of snark. Lots of screaming between family members, but at the end of the day, they all love each other. Will stick with it for a bit. This show probably hits home for a lot of 40-somethings.

"Brooklyn Nine-Nine" (Fox) - surprisingly, this doesn't suck, but middle of the road for me, giving it a few more episodes. It feels like "The Office" if it had taken place in a police precinct.

"Sean Saves the World" - if you liked "Will and Grace", you'll probably enjoy Sean Hayes doing physical comedy schtick in this show. I'll stick with it for a few more episodes.

"Welcome to the Family" (NBC) - seems like a movie premise, can't see it lasting an entire season, not going to stick with it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NBC's released the trailers for their midseason showsVery excited about Believe. It was created by Gravity director Alfonso Cuarón, and he directed and co-wrote the pilot. Since then, the show's had a lot of behind-the-scenes turmoil, which I'm betting was part of the reason it was held to mid-season. But they apparently used the extra lead time to really iron out the creative problems, with the subsequent episodes overhauled going back to the second episode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Adam Lenhardt said:
NBC's released the trailers for their midseason showsVery excited about Believe. It was created by Gravity director Alfonso Cuarón, and he directed and co-wrote the pilot. Since then, the show's had a lot of behind-the-scenes turmoil, which I'm betting was part of the reason it was held to mid-season. But they apparently used the extra lead time to really iron out the creative problems, with the subsequent episodes overhauled going back to the second episode.
I don't know anything about this show. A connection to Cuaron piques my interest. But I worry that the pilot will be brilliant, and very different from the rest of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks