What's new

FALCON CREST (1 Viewer)

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Dear Warner Bros. Execs,
We all know the executive powers that be, review this site for TV show requests fans are interested in. I'm sure more FALCON CREST fans are frustrated as I am, that FALCON CREST is being overlooked as a release to DVD. We have Season 6 of DALLAS already out, season 2 of KNOTS LANDING supposedly in the works, and season 2 of DYNASTY being issued later this year. The O.C. is out. DAWSON'S CREEK is out. BEVERLY HILLS, 90210 and MELROSE PLACE are issuing their season 2 DVD's in a week.
Where is FALCON CREST already??? There is even a petition for this release here on the site somewhere.
This is not meant as a rant or an angry/hostile message, it is just so frustrating when the falconcrest.org site has information to this regard, but WB is not saying anything at this time.
PLEASE if Warner Bros. is planning to release at least the first season of FALCON CREST in 2007, can you please just make the announcement already? Why is this series not being given it's day on DVD yet? The 25th anniversary of it's premiere episode has come, and gone (December 4, 2006) and still not even a whisper.
falconcrest.org has it listed as being released in 2007, on their NEWS section of the site once you enter. And Wikopedia is showing it for a 2007 DVD release as well.
Is this fact or just wishful thinking by the owners of falconcrest.org to get the hopes up of the FALCON CREST fan community? Or is this a legitimate and sound news story? Can you please finally clarify this as fact or false? I mean, why such secrecy from studios on their plans to release stuff anyway?
FALCON CREST was ranked in the Nielsen top 10 for most of its nine year run. So, what is the delay here with the grapes of Angela's wrath already???
Here's hoping finally for a straight answer. FALCON CREST deserves its day on DVD already! And I'm sure others here will reply to this and second, third, fourth and etc. this message.
FALCON CREST in 2007 please.
Thank you for reviewing this message.

I completely agree with everything as stated above by Tom_Tagliente19. Friday nights in the 80s were not complete in my household without my parents sitting down to watch the combination of Dallas and Falcon Crest back to back on CBS. I was very young at the time, but it was a tradition that was etched into my memory as I'm sure it was for many people. I would LOVE to be able to recreate CBS Friday nights again. PLEASE Warners release this once popular treasure. You at least a committment to purchase the entire 9 season run from me.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I thought Susan Sullivan had posted on her website that she was recording commentary for a dvd release? I read that in a thread in this forum. I would have thought FC would have come out by now.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the club, Tom- I've been after FOX to release Peyton Place for the past few years, and I'd also love to see Angela, Chase, Maggie, Richard, Lance and even the troublesome Melissa (whatever became of Ana Alicia?).

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Ethan Riley said:
I thought Susan Sullivan had posted on her website that she was recording commentary for a dvd release? I read that in a thread in this forum. I would have thought FC would have come out by now.
I believe it was a case that someone told Susan Sullivan that Falcon Crest was coming to DVD when she was recording extra features for a DVD release of Dharma & Greg. She apparently replied to a Falcon Crest fan telling them about it.
The German Falcon Crest fan club are still maintaining that the first season will be released in the USA during 2007 and this will include the unscreened pilot The Vintage Years. When I e-mailed Warners UK about Dallas and Knots Landing, I also asked about Falcon Crest and they told me that they would be considering releasing the show on DVD. So, something is in the air.
My instinct is that it will be announced within the next few months, along with season 2 of Knots Landing. But given Warners puzzling schedule, don't expect to hear anything about season 2 of Falcon Crest until late 2008.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
No current plans for a DVD release according to Warners at the chat, but they did say it would continue to be "under consideration". Disappointing.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
it is good to see this show finally making it to dvd. My only hope is they dont just release one season and then wait three years to released the other season.

It looks like Knots Landing is stalled again. I think the focus is going to be on completing Dallas, which only has a few seasons to be released.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I buy Dallas and Knots Landing and the fact Warner Bros is gonna hop around on releases and do Falcon is nice for those fans but also could be bad. I have a feeling the First Season will be released and then nothing more for about 3 years. Consumers are sick of buying into these show releases and then they get stalled. I would buy Falcon Crest once I saw about 4-5 seasons released. I won't be giving WB's any money for this show until I see actual steps for further releases. (personally Knot's Landing is a much better show and I would buy all those seasons ASAP)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have a feeling Falcon Crest is going to do pretty well. This show is geared more towards the Dallas crowd than Knots Landing. With Dallas only having a couple seasons + movies to be released. I think many will be turning there attention to Falcon Crest for that fix.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I would actually buy "Falcon Crest". The trouble with shows like these is that I am not willing to commit myself unless the complete series becomes available. They are not the types of shows you can just watch one season. The cliffhangers keep you wanting more. It's terrible how shows like "Dynasty" and "Knots Landing" get caught in dvd-limbo for so long. I just can't continue watching them and I hate to buy the set just to sit on my shelf.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Hi Robert,

I agree with you about soap operas like dallas, falconcrest, knots landing, dynasty, melrose place, etc. I bought Knots Landing (1st and 2nd Season) and now it appears to be in limbo again. I have been collecting Dallas and have up to 11th season and with only a few seasons to go to its completion. Dallas is one of those shows that it was better earlier on that it was in its later life.

I think falconcrest has good following and should do well. I think the problem with Knots Landing is that you have 1990s/2000s version in desparate housewives, so, people are more interested in that show, then wanting to buy a dated similar version from 1970s/1980s/early 90s.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Hi Paul! Yeah, I think you're right about that. DH does get a lot more recognition too with it being a current show. They don't even re-run shows like "Dynasty" or "Falcon Crest" or "Knots" anymore. One way I think this problem could be solved is a somewhat-early practice by a few studios. Although, it hasn't happened on a show with many seasons, I think it may be profitable for some of these studios to release "Complete" series sets right off the bat. I think they have more of a chance of getting more sales than releasing the single-season sets. Many fans like the idea of completion and it's one reason why so many haven't even purchased a first season of a dvd. Just a thought anyway. I think it could work.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Oh my frakking God! Are you frakking kidding me? This is awesome news for me and so many other fans of FALCON CREST. I will be happy with the DVD release of FALCON CREST whether it has extras or not. It will be nice to see deleted scenes and outtakes and stuff, but if WB just releases the complete episodes unedited as they aired on CBS originally I will be just as happy with that.
One thought though WB. Would you please consider putting the bumper for the commercial breaks into each episode? I used to love these and it would be very nostalgic to see and hear those again.
Thank you very much WB for finally deciding to release FALCON CREST, my favorite TV series. If anything WB, it would be nice in the first season to create a nice featurette on the character of Angela Channing, since Jane's passing on October 10, 2007, it would be nice to hear her former co-stars discuss this wonderful woman for fans on the DVD.
Just a thought.
I will be checking the TV Shows site everyday now to get the updates on the release dates.
Thank you EVERYONE for putting up with my incessant posts about this show. You have no idea how happy I am thanks to my friend Jacob on Facebook for pointing this out to me. And, for all those I annoyed with my constant begging for FALCON CREST, you can rest assured I will now cease and desist.
Now, I just have to look forward to the DVD's and as I get each season, store my original first-run CBS episodes on VHS in the closet. God I hope they are in the first quarter of 2010 and not the last quarter of 2010.
Thanks Jacob. You made my day!!!!!
I CAN'T FRAKKIN' WAIT!!!!!/img/vbsmilies/htf/banana.gif

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
OMG, Tom...you're just finding out about this a week later? I tried to tell you at the TSoD Facebook Fan page like 30 seconds after I posted the news!
http://www.facebook.com/tvshowsondvd?ref=mf#/tvshowsondvd?v=feed&story_fbid=183966621062&ref=mf
:) DAVE
Originally Posted by Tom_Tagliente19 /forum/thread/255752/falcon-crest#post_3619582
Oh my frakking God! Are you frakking kidding me? This is awesome news for me and so many other fans of FALCON CREST. I will be happy with the DVD release of FALCON CREST whether it has extras or not...Thank you very much WB for finally deciding to release FALCON CREST, my favorite TV series...I will be checking the TV Shows site everyday now to get the updates on the release dates...Thank you EVERYONE for putting up with my incessant posts about this show. You have no idea how happy I am thanks to my friend Jacob on Facebook for pointing this out to me. And, for all those I annoyed with my constant begging for FALCON CREST, you can rest assured I will now cease and desist...Thanks Jacob. You made my day!!!!!

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Dave,

With a long work day, a car that is acting up and no Internet at home, this was the first I was able to hear this great news. I just hope FALCON CREST is released around the same time as the final season of The Waltons. My luck though, would push FALCON CREST's first season release to next December. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks