Falcon Crest

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by tom_tagliente, Jan 16, 2006.

1. tom_tagliente

tom_tagliente Stunt Coordinator

Okay, WB. Last year you hinted that Knots Landing and Falcon Crest were being considered for DVD releases. Knots Landing has been announced, so is Falcon Crest just around the corner? PLEASE SAY YES!!!

This show is awesome and I am ready to plunk down my hard-earned cash for it. Does anyone feel the same way?

Tom

2. Ben King

Ben King Stunt Coordinator

I think that Falcon Crest is indeed just around the corner. This year is after all the show's 25th anniversary. Presumably Warners are waiting to see how Knots Landing performs on DVD before treating us to season sets of the exploits of Angela, Chase, Maggie, Lance, Melissa and co.

3. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I think WB dropped the ball with the Knot's Release. They should have definately made it a complete S1 and S2 set ala Dallas. But maybe it will still do well. I usually don't do this but i will probably not buy it till i see S2 out there. Just having S1 like i have with Dynasty does me no good.

4. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

Aryn, the only reason Dallas was a Season 1 & 2 set was because season one of Dallas was only five episodes. Knots Landing Season One had thirteen episodes.

5. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Yea, I realize that i own the Dallas set's. I am looking forward to buying S4 next week. Maybe your right on Knot's, but when you figure the total amount of episodes of S1/S2 of each series it is pretty close, that's why i was hoping for a S1/S2 release like Dallas.

But atleast they are releasing it that is a definate positive. I just might wait and see if more releases follow before i commit to collecting KL is all. S1/S2 were probably the best two years of the show.

Since this is a Falcon Crest thread let me say i hope to see that released aswell. Hopefully WB'S IN2TV will launch soon, then we can atleast watch Falcon Crest on there for the time being.

6. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

My advice is for all of you to buy it if you want a season 2. I'm not waiting. Dallas's first release was more generous, but Knots needs our help if we don't want to end up stalled like Dynasty. I'll buy this and anything else they put out...and keep in mind Dallas season four is but 2 days away...!

7. JonathanBB

JonathanBB Stunt Coordinator

I guess they could have done that.

Dallas Seasons 1 & 2 - 29 Episodes
    Knots Landing Seasons 1 & 2 - 31 Episodes

But also keep in mind that Warner is using single sided discs for Knots, so they would need to use like 10 discs. Unlike Dallas which had five (DS), I think.