What's new

FALCON CREST: Season One! ~~ April 20, 2010 (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Seemed like it would never get an official announcement, but here it is at last~~!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Falcon-Crest-Season-1/13134

I notice the pre-order price from that website that's named after a South American river is only $27.99; down from the MSRP of $39.98. Not bad; DONE. Consider it pre-ordered.

Now only 8 more seasons to go...let's hope it's a "Dallas" and not a "Knot's Landing...!"

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Bummer on the vintage years not being included. Especially when the WB was showing it on AOLTV not to long ago. But, there is no way I am not buying this.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
FALCON CREST is finally coming and having a 15% discount at work, I will be buying this the day it is released. I also hope it goes through the entire nine seasons and does not stop like KNOTS LANDING did. But, FALCON CREST is doing extremely well overseas, so it just might help us here that it is doing so well there.

It's about frakkin' time they uncork this classic and give it to us fans already. But, hopefully it won't take nine years to get them all...two a year like Dallas would be nice.

:)

T

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I know; it even looks like they're speeding up Dallas, since they're so close to the end. Now, in a perfect world, Dynasty would be just as fast ;) I suppose in the long run that could mean Dallas was the most popular of the 4 Biggies, but frankly I want all 4 shows complete on dvd! FC #1 is a step in the right direction and I hope it exceeds sales expections for them!

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I do not like the cover, I like the overseas cover better with Lana Turner on it !!!! She should be on the cover, she put the series on the map, that first season until she arrived the show was not that widely viewed. The week she appeared the ratings ZOOMED !!!!!!!!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by AlanP

I do not like the cover, I like the overseas cover better with Lana Turner on it !!!! She should be on the cover, she put the series on the map, that first season until she arrived the show was not that widely viewed. The week she appeared the ratings ZOOMED !!!!!!!!!
Now why would she be on the cover of Season One, when she wasn't even in Season One?

Frinkazoid

Auditioning
Real Name
Frink
Alan, the R1 and R2 front covers are exactly the same. There's a picture of Lana Turner, but it's on the back cover of the R2 DVD. Ethan, Turner did appear in one episode during the first season ("Family Reunion"), and, boy, what an episode it was.

Originally Posted by Tom_Tagliente19

... It's about frakkin' time they uncork this classic...
Excellent pun. ;)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)][SIZE= larger] Dear ETHAN,
Lana's debut was indeed on the first season. Her arrival put the series on the map for "FALCON
CREST" !!! The ratings shot the series into the top five that week. Which it had never seen before her arrival. Her arrival on the series was similar to Joan Collins !! She was going to be a regular or semi regular until Jane Wyman nixed it because of her inability to deal with anyone of her bigger star wattage than hers !!!! That is why those great stars were fleeting on the series.
She had issues with all the big stars on the series like Gina, Kim, Celeste, and Leslie !!! However it was Ms. Turner that helped the ratings rise with her arrival. And Ms. Wyman said either she goes or I. If it would have been me I would have said adios to Jane. I LOVE LANA and every film she did !!! And her short lived series with Georg
[/COLOR][/SIZE]e Hamilton from Harold Robbins, "The Survivors". That would be a great one to see on DVD !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks