FALCON CREST on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by tom_tagliente, Jan 5, 2005.

1. tom_tagliente

tom_tagliente Stunt Coordinator

I am 34 years old and love the TV series FALCON CREST. I watched it when it premiered on CBS in 1981 and all the way through it's 9 season run until it went off the air in 1990. Does anyone know how to petition studios to release TV series on DVD? Can anyone help me with voting for this one to be released? It would be nice to own the season by season box sets of this series as my VHS copies of the original airdates are starting to deteriorate rapidly.

Thank you for your time reading this. I've mentioned to the tvshowsondvd.com webmaster that Warner Bros. in fact owns the rights to this series and he agreed with an email reply, however, for some reason or another the information has not yet been updated there. I KNOW FOR A FACT that Warner Bros. does own this series.

Anyone who feels as I do that FALCON CREST's day is due for DVD release can add their thoughts to this message and start a thread going.

You can also sign the online petition I have started. Email me at: [email protected] and your email will be printed and recorded in a 3-ring binder. Once enough names/messages are collected, I will send the binder to WARNER BROS. I will also print pages off here at this site too. NOTE: The gap above in the email address between falconcrest & [email protected], is actually an underscore line.

I also would like to ask the administrators of this site to please research the possibility (and if possible voice concerns to the studios) of when this series will finally get its day on DVD? I know a lot of fans including myself, would like to see the rare bloopers from the series along with deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes featurettes.

Thank you for your attention. I look forward to seeing FALCON CREST (hopefully in 2005) make it to DVD.

Tom Tagliente, 34
    Ohio

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I changed it from "Unknown" to WB just now. Fans of the show, don't forget to vote for it at TVShowsOnDVD; it's currently ranked 261st (legit votes only, please; 1 per household).

I think that the studio's pretty aware of the interest in this title, just like they know people are interested in Dallas - Season 3 and Knots Landing. I'm not sure what the hold-up is, but I don't think it has anything to do with them thinking that nobody wants it.

3. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I watched Falcon Crest when it was on too. Always wondered why Ana Alicia never became a big star.
    We need a petition for Knot's Landing too.

4. tom_tagliente

Mike,

Go ahead and start a petition for KNOTS LANDING here. Send me the link for it and I'll leave a message for it. I enjoyed that series, too.

5. tom_tagliente

Dave,

Any way of finding out from Warner Bros. what IN FACT the hold-up on FALCON CREST and KNOTS LANDING's DVD delays are?

Tom