What's new

FALCON CREST Memories (1 Viewer)

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
On October 14th, FALCON CREST made news on TV Shows On DVD when it was announced Warner Bros. is releasing the first season sometime in 2010. Now, the anticipation for me and I know many others is building to find out exactly when it will hit stores.

My guess, and it's purely speculative at this point, has it coming out on either the same day as THE WALTON'S final release in January (as both are Earl Hamner shows and they would cross-promote each other well), which will also coincide with the European release of FALCON CREST's second season. Another guess is the date of the second volume of the 4th season of DYNASTY which hits stores on February 2nd according to TV Shows On DVD.

Either way, I am not starting a thread begging for it on January 1st, but I am asking that my fellow friends and fans of FALCON CREST who post here on The Home Theater Forum venture their own guesses as to the release date. I am hoping we can make this a fun topic to pass the time until we get the official word from WHV and TV Shows On DVD.

In the meantime, I also hope many will share their favorite storylines and characters from FALCON CREST's nine year run.

My Top Ten Plotlines:

10. The who killed Carlo Agretti storyline running through the season 2.
09. The Thirteen trying to get Richard to join in season 7.
08. The Skylar Kimball/Kit Marlowe storyline of season 6.
07. Chase wresting control of Falcon Crest from Angela in season 3.
06. Cassandra Wilder & Anna Rossini's vendetta against Angela in season 4.
05. The plane crash of season 3.
04. The introduction of Michael Ranson in Season 3.
03. "Sudden Friendship" earns Maggie a merry little stalker named Jeff Wainright.
02. The Earthquake of season 5.
01. The Angela/Melissa/Chase/Richard feuds throughout the series.

Top Ten Characters:

10. Gustav Riebman (a.k.a. John Louie deBercy)
09. Jordan Roberts
08. Pamela Lynch
07. Peter Stavros
06. Cassandra Wilder
05. Greg Reardon
04. Dr. Michael Ranson
03. Richard Channing
02. Maggie Gioberti
01. Angela Channing

Top Ten Forgettable Characters

10. Walker Daniels
09. Lauren Sharpe
08. Charlie St. James
07. Nick Agretti
06. Nick Hogan
05. Father Christopher
04. J.J. Roberts
03. Sal Tortino
02. Johnny Sacco
01. Apollonia

Most Forgettable Plots:

Lance starts Apollonia's career and she ditches him after making it big. (Season 5)
Troilis buys many vineyards in the valley. (season 8)
Richard & Lauren romance. (Season 9)
Maggie's way of leaving the series. (Season 9)
Melissa's way of leaving the series (Season 9)

Best Plotline:

Angela hiring a special effects expert to drive Melissa crazy and Melissa's revenge.
Peter using Angela's power of attorney while she is away. (Season 5)
Julia in prison and her attempt to kill Angela. (Season 3)
Richard learns the truth of his real parentage. (Season 7)

SEASON CLIFFHANGERS:

01. Angela agrees to share Falcon Crest with Chase 50/50.
02. At Vickie's wedding, Carlo's killer is revealed and another person is killed off.
03. Richard's plane with nearly everyone onboard, crashes in the Rocky Mountains.
04. Richard's house is bombed with he and Maggie trapped inside.
05. An earthquake shakes Falcon Crest to the core and three people die.
06. Desperation becomes a deadly force to many and a haunting revelation for Angela.
07. Chase and Melissa get the last laugh on Angela; a long lost character may return.
08. Richard is taken to jail for his illegal activities.
09. A wedding and a soliloquy from Angela Channing ends the series.

Okay everyone. What do you remember from FALCON CREST. Start sharing here. Let's have some fun to pass the time until we learn the release date for the first season next year.

Tom

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
*****ERROR CORRECTION*****

Melissa's departure from the series came in season 8, not in season 9 as I originally reported above. I hit the wrong key in error.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
The biggest mistake of the series was writing LANA TURNER out !!!!! She was the perfect foil for Angela. It was like watching Krystal And Alexis. I lost interest with the series when Chase left.
LANA should have been a regular !!!

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Rumors had it Alan, that Jane Wyman and Lana Turner did not get along at all and a lot of their off screen rivalry spilled into their scenes. My feelings about that say their rivalry helped their scenes immeasurably. It would've been good if she was included as a regular in the opening credits of season 2. It would've make her departure more of a shock.

for those of you who have never seen this show before, those of us who reply hope we do not reveal too much about what happens, if you are planning to buy the series on DVD. But, it is so much fun to reminisce like this.

Lana Turner would've made a nice regular cast member. I liked the scene in FAMILY REUNION, episode #123 of the first season where she and Angela have a sharp discussion on Chase's front porch just after dinner. You could cut the tension with a knife.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)][SIZE= larger]I remember seeing Lana on a talk show near the end of season 2 and she had stated that she would be back the following season with more episodes and then next season she was killed off....... I want to say it was on Phil Donohue when she was promoting her book. She had said they also wanted her to do more for season two but she was working on the bio.....and that is when she said she would be back in more for the third season. I guess Jane had the final say. I also, loved Gina and Kim on the series. I heard that Jane also wanted Kim back for another season.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
Alan, (and any other fans who would like to get the inside scoop)

If you venture over to http://www.falconcrest.org you will be able to uncover and read to your heart's content everything about FALCON CREST you ever wanted to know.

:)

Enjoy. I hope we hear news of the release date for the season 1 DVD's soon.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
[SIZE= larger][COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Tom,
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE= larger][COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Did you ever read or hear that Lana was originally slated to do Season Three ? [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE= larger][COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]And wasn't Gina supposed to do more episodes ??[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks