FALCON CREST Finally Possible

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by tom_tagliente, Mar 29, 2005.

1. tom_tagliente

tom_tagliente Stunt Coordinator

I was in the WB chat this evening. FALCON CREST is being considered for DVD release as is KNOTS LANDING. Awesome news. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to hear this news. Now I can only hope it come out this year when Season 3 of DALLAS is released in the Sumer.

[​IMG]

Tom

2. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

It was good news for 80s soap fans with Falcon Crest and Knots both being considered and Dallas having a third season confirmed. With luck, all of the "big four" of 80s (Dynasty is the fourth) nighttime soaps will come to DVD and will see most, if not all, of their seasons. I only hope that the release of the first two shows is not contingent on how well soaps like Dallas and Dynasty sell.

3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Thanks for the WB chat info. I wasn't able to participate in the chat. Ditto on Knots Landing [​IMG] although I liked the early seasons better than later ones of this series.

Now, if only we could get Universal to "chat"....

4. tom_tagliente

tom_tagliente Stunt Coordinator

Amy I don't think DALLS and DYNASTY will have any bearing at this point on FALCON CREST and KNOTS LANDING being released to us. Since the shows are two different types in regard to the central themes and story arcs. FALCON CREST dealt with wine and KNOTS LANDING was about family and the power struggles bwtween them. Having everyone living on a cul-e-sac was nice, too. Added to the intrigue of the show. I'm very happy with the news that both are being considered. I never watched KNOTS LANDING regularly, but still catch an episode or two here and there on SOAPNET. However, FALCON CREST is no longer on SOAPNET and the rights belong to WB again, so this might make it come out quicker. DALLAS and DYNASTY are on SOAPNET now which means that there might be a deal with the station and WB as to how fast the show comes out on DVD. If SOAPNET is paying for the rights to air DALLAS, KNOTS LANDING and DYNASTY, then this could be the reason for the long delay in season episodes. After all, nobody who owns a DVD player would watch SOAPNET to see them, thus causing low viewership to kill the money the sponsors bring in. And, nobody has proof that the season sets of DALLAS sold poorly. I work at Best Buy and ours are selling well. Every week we are replacing DALLAS Seasons 1 & 2 on the store shelves. So we should just be patient and watch for the announcements. After all, waiting this long for FALCON CREST has made me more eager to own it. And, I think the WB team knows that there are demands for these shows.