What's new

Fake Terminator 2 Blu-Ray Review pulled from web (1 Viewer)

Pete T C

Second Unit
Sony, the company known for hiring fake movie reviewers may have been involved in yet another scandal... Now presenting:

The FAKE Blu-Ray Terminator 2 review!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7896503

Originally posted on "upcomingdiscs.com" the reviewer claimed he got a special pre-street Terminator 2 Blu-Ray review disc from Sony (note that this is a Lion's Gate film). The author of the review claimed the disc was 1080p, had all of the extras from the extreme edition, lossless LPCM sound, and one of the best high definition transfers on any format to date.

The reality? The actual retail disc of Terminator 2 was the theatrical cut and did not include the extras of the extreme edition. Further, there was no LPCM sound and not suprisingly the video quality was soft and not as good as HD-DVD.

After receiving a beatdown from AVS Forum members (see page 4 on), the review was pulled from upcomingdiscs.com... Smells fishy to me! :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I think the fake is all the doing of a 21 year old kid who wanted some attention. He got it all right--the wrong kind.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I followed that thread all day today, and it was a hoot, right up to when the owner of the web site (upcomingdiscs.com) came on and said the kid was so freaked he doesn't want to review for a while. Who needs soap operas when we have the high def version online? :D

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Did you mean to say SD-DVD? As far as I know there is no Terminator release on HD-DVD. :laugh:

If there would have been a new HD transfer of Terminator for HD-DVD it would have most likely been used for Blu-ray as well. And that release would have looked better. Its sad that Sony put out some poor quality titles for Blu-ray's roll out, how embarrassing. :thumbsdown:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
It's kind of astonishing that the owner of the website is considering that this kid can keep reviewing. We would have fired him immediately and told him not to come back if he was pulling this kind of crap.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
That's for The Terminator. The problematic review (although that one was written by the same guy and could very well be total B.S. too) is for Terminator 2.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Damn, and I stood up for the guy... (I'm Jorus on AVS). Serves me right :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks