What's new

"Fake" sound bar (1 Viewer)

Keith G

Grip
Real Name
Keith
I purchased this very nice entertainment system for my new TV and it has this cutout for a sound bar. Since I have tower speakers and didn't like looking at that empty space I built a "fake" sound bar. Cheesy or not?

IMG_1674-L.jpg
IMG_1675-L.jpg

Reactions: PMF

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
We had a Packard Bell TV set when I was a kid that came in a big overwrought wooden box like that. Ours was "Mediterranean style" through. It would have gone good with crossed swords and bullfighting posters on the wall.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
What's wrong with cheese? Freshly grated Parmesan on crapes is particularly good on a Sunday morning.

The other possibility would be putting your center speaker there.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
To each their own. I might have used it for disc storage or devices. Or filled it with small curios coordinated with the side displays :)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
What would be truly funny would be if Keith G didn't tell his friends it was fake.
Then, after his guests got inspired by the great sound, he could watch them go out trying to replicate it all;
with the extra monies spent of an additional and unneeded sound bar.:rolling-smiley::laugh::rolling-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks