What's new

Faith renewed at SavOn Drugstore! (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Yesterday I popped into a local SavOn Drugstore to pick up a lottery ticket (Nope, didn't win) and as I was leaving I overheard an older woman asking a clerk about the difference between full screen and widescreen on the copies of The Two Towers they were selling.

The clerk (who reminded me of the squeaky-voiced teenager on The Simpsons) said to her (in almost these exact words), "The full screen version is squarish like most TVs, but the widescreen version is more panoramic like a wide movie screen. So it presents the entire picture as the director intended."

I was quite impressed that this kid was speaking my language, but even more impressed when the lady said back to him, "Then I see more with the widescreen version?" And he replied, "Yes, Maam." So she purchased the widescreen copy!

I just left this drugstore (a place I would never in a million years think of buying a DVD at) with a smile on my face thinking that perhaps our saving grace in the war between Pan & Scam and Widescreen will be younger people who actually DO get it...

Lev-S

Second Unit
It is a very simple concept: When you buy OAR, you get the whole movie, not a part of it. Most people are quick to understand this concept of "less is more". People who still "choose full screen" (HTF translation: Don't want to see the whole movie because the paid to fill their screen) are just too childish about this issue: They could care less about what they are watching in the first place as it is. Movies? Art? What? You mean there is a difference between "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and "Schindler's List"? These are the kind of people that are generally cabable of harbouring illogically biased and even prejudiced beliefs because hey, it doesn't matter if...

Witches don't exist and witch hunts are pointless since the "witch" ends up dying anyway if innocent!

Communists aren't going to attack us and take our children and eat them!

The general public was misled for 50+ years on the whole VHS thing and now that they are attempting to make up for it with OAR DVD which presents the movie uncensored!

Give me a friggin' break...

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Lev-S,

I hear you. But I was making the comment that the clerk and customer in question actually DID get it that Widescreen was the way to go.

Thanks for responding.

-- Robert

P.S.

I actually do know a witch... :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks