What's new

Faith No More fans rejoice, MoFi gold CD coming! (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Great news, I just came across this on Music Direct's website:

Faith No More - Angel Dust - Gold CD

Looks like it's being released tomorrow...WHOO HOO!!!

Product Details

New Numbered Limited Edition Mini-LP-Style Packaging!

Peaked at #10 on the Billboard 200 chart
Worldwide sales of 3 million copies to date
Contains the hit singles “MidLife Crisis”, “A Small Victory” and “Everything’s Ruined”
Co-produced, engineered and mixed by Matt Wallace (Blues Traveler, Maroon 5)
Mastered from the original ½”, 2-track, 30 i.p.s. master mixes

MFSL engineers were quite impressed with the dynamic range and natural tonality present on the master tapes. When compared to previous versions, the new MFSL GAIN 2 mastering is much more dynamic, and reveals detail and subtleties not heard on other versions. This new MFSL Gold CD allows the full dynamic range to shine through, giving fans the chance to hear this album the way it was heard at Scream Studios, where mixing was expertly performed by Matt Wallace and David Bryson.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
WOW!!

This is my personal #1 album of all-time. I've never purchased a gold CD before, but that is going to be changing now. Ironically, I was just listening to "Album of the Year" this morning for the first time in quite awhile.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
While I really like "The Real Thing," I think this one edges it out a bit as Mike Patton got a chance to work with the band while the music was being written as opposed to just providing the lyrics and vocals after the music was completed. That being said, I'm stoked to hear how the remastering sounds...should be a fun ride!

After Jim Martin left, I kinda lost interest in the band. After looking at some entries on their later work on Allmusic.com I may need to pick some of those up, especially "AotY".

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

While they definitely lost an element of their greatness after Martin was fired, their later albums are most definitely worth checking out. AOTY is very high on my list of favorites, but then again my FNM CD collection is over 30 (including all of the singles, rare EPs, and bootlegs), so I'm a bit of an extremist when it comes to them. I think the only artist that I own more titles by is Frank Sinatra.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I'm also a Patton-O-Phile. I have nearly everything that he's ever been a part of and am a huge fan of his band Fantomas. If you're at all interested in something that could be called cartoon-jazz-metal, then you should check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks