What's new

Faith HIll * CRY DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Anyone heard this software on DVD-A yet. If so what do you think of it? Is it worth 18 bucks from BB?

Thanks

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Bry, you might want to try the Music forum here for info on this disc. There is a wealth of Knowledge there on both Hi-res and music in general.

J

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anyone happen to pick this one up yet?

I have been wanting to...I just haven't had the time...

If you do have it, please comment if you have the time....

Thanks

Picked up the dvd-a over the weekend. I'm not to familiar with Faith Hill but I'll give you my 2 cents worth. It's in 96/24; 5.1 & stereo. Sonic quality is pretty good, the 5.1 mix is by Elliot Scheiner & he's the best at it (but don't worry, it's nothing close to Queen's Night at the Opera - more like Hotel California). Cry video is on it in DD, photo shoot, Behind the scenes in the studio and a link to Faith TV (thru DVD-ROM). One note - this is not a country album - more middle of the road stuff. I'm more of a fan of Scheiner's mixes than Faith Hill but this is a good listen (especially with the girlfriend).

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm... no one's commented on this yet, so here's my $.02:
Wasn't all that impressed with the m/c mix -- until I went and listened to the 2-channel track. Boy, what a difference. The m/c mix really opens up the sound without resorting to a lot of tricks. The use of the rear channels is subtle but very natural. It's my impression that most of the "secondary" characteristics of the songs (background vocals, etc.) show up in the rears. The m/c mix doesn't come out of the speakers swinging, but I've grown to like it (again, especially after listening to the 2-channel).
The problem is: I don't think this is a very good album. Hill is supposedly taking all sorts of crap from her C&W fans, and that's no surprise. This is not a C&W album. I guess Hill should be given the chance to try for a mainstream album, but what's been produced here sounds kind of like a poor man's Britney Spears (right down to the pictures of Hill with caked-on eyelashes). I don't think any of the songs stand out, and Hill just seems to deliver the same performance thoughout.
The DVD-A has the video for "Cry" and it's the m/c audio that plays with it, so that's a nice touch. The other "extras" of background material are okay -- glad to have them (I guess), but they don't add up to anything.
Pet peeve: the disc has been authored to immediately jump to (and playback of) the music tracks after watching any of these extras. Would have preferred a return to the menu instead.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anthony and Alan

Thanks for your excellent comments and reviews...

I happen to be ordering some other stuff online right now from amazon.com - and I may throw CRY in my cart...but I'm not sure...I looking for others also...so I don't know which one I'll go with.

Thanks very much for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks