What's new

Fairy Tale Movies The Tournament (1 Viewer)

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
The Princess Bride moves on with the score 12 to 2

Here are your next two movies

14)Sleepy Hollow
VS
32)Dragonslayer

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I liked Sleepy Hollow alot, but Dragonslayer gets my vote EASILY.
I too, am anxiously awaiting it's DVD release.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
P.S. How did you like Grand Illusion?
I’ve seen this a good many times going back to the early 60s. One of the reasons that I consider this a masterpiece is that I find something new to love every time. That and the fact that the film’s (and Renoir’s) essentiall humanity tells us all something about how we conduct ourselves, and how we should conduct ourselves.
I think that this is a monument to the human spirit. And besides, it is technically so well crafted, that even if it were not we would still be watching to learn the filmmakers’ art. Out of four: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I agree with your comments re: Grand Illusion Lew. Damn, I have way too many Criterion Collection titles on my wish list!

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
We have are first tie. Sleepy Hollow and Dragonslayer are all knotted up at 4 to 4. I'll let them go until tomorrow, then I'll flip a coin.
Here is the next match up.

5)Something Wicked This Way Comes
VS
15)The Dark Crystal

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Damn, these are tough match-ups. I feel like Justin over in the Horror Tourney. [Justin Mode] I cherish both these movies and deciding between them is like Hell itself. They are both masterpieces. I have to flip a coin.[/Justin Mode] Well shit. I'll go with The Dark Crystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks