1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Fairly Legal - season 1 (Thursdays on USA)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by USANetwork, Jan 14, 2011.

1. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    Hey USA Fans. I'm here on behalf of USA and dragging this thread back out of the woodwork to tell you guys about a new show premiering January 20th at 10/9c (right after a new episode of Royal Pains) called Fairly Legal. It stars Sarah Shahi as a lawyer-turned-mediator named Kate who helps other people sort their lives out while barely able to control her own. Check out a sneak peek of it here and don't forget to tune in Thursday!

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

Thanks for the reminder. The previews looked great. I'm off to set the DVR right now.

3. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I'll be recording it for later.

What thread did you drag back out?

4. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    There was a USA preview thread that had since been deleted (I'm guessing?). Let me know how what you guys think of the first episode. To get you ready for it, check out this interview with Sarah Shahi that Pazsaz did (http://articles.pazsaz.com/flegaltr2.html)!

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Sorry the original post was put in the Burn Notice S4 thread, and I figured it would get more exposure if it was moved out into a new thread, I didn't want to edit the orignal post w/o talking to USA first. If there are no objections I can edit so it makes more sense since it is here in a new thread.

6. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    Hey guys. If you're looking for a great new show to watch, check out Fairly Legal. I'm Bryce and here on behalf of USA. Last night was the series premiere of Fairly Legal, a show starring Sarah Shahi as a mediator who solves other people's problems while trying to figure out her own life. Last night's full episode is online now at USA.com (http://www.usanetwork.com/series/fairlylegal/video/fullep/) so check it out and let me know what you guys think of it.

7. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Cinematographer

Chris
    Bryce,

Thanks - I didn't real USA was streaming content, but should have guessed. I will try to check it out this weekend.

8. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I enjoyed the premier episode. I admit to being a fan of Sarah Shahi since first noticing her in NBC's Life (a show I dearly miss). Her part on Life was more one-dimensional so I was surprised by her comedic chops. Another USA Character is in the fold.

9. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    it's a decent start for a series.. the gimmick of her address book being all Wizard of Oz characters was somewhat hokey, but fun.. a light hearted series, it'll find a place in my DVR :)

10. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I really enjoyed the pilot episode. I thought it would be ok, but it was better than I expected and I'll be setting the DVR to record it.

Garrett, I too miss Life. It was a great show that ended too soon.

11. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    Oh Christopher G, we had to jump on the streaming content bandwagon. I have to admit, I missed last night's episode but am currently steaming it right now. Halfway through and I'm proud to say it looks like the show is really finding its groove.

MattCR, The Wizard of Oz address book theme took me a while to latch on to, but now it's become a fad with my group of friends and now we're all trying to think of themes for our phone. My buddy took Top Gun which I thought was great, except his girlfriend calls him too much and now I hear "Take My Breath Away" 4 times a day...

If any of you are like me and missed the episode, it's up here at USA.com. As always, let me know what you guys thought, and next week I should have some cool new clips/behind-scenes/other fun things to share. Have a great weekend!

12. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    Hey Adam. Thank you so much for helping me out and starting a new thread. I know now not to mess with Burn Notice fans and their board. Luckily, there is another Fairly Legal thread on here (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/308126/fairly-legal-on-usa) that I will be posting fun stuff to. Check it out and hope to see you and TonyD on that board!

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Tried combining the Fairly Legal threads into a single thread topic.

Saw the pilot episode, will watch the 2nd episode this weekend. But it's off to a decent start.

14. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    Thanks for combining them Patrick and glad you enjoyed it!

To all those tweeters, follow Kate at twitter.com/AskKateReed, ask her questions, and she might answer your question (she helped settle an office dispute we posted and we could not have felt cooler).

15. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

That little Rockette half kick when getting between the fighting coffee consumers was a nice beat, goofy manic and somehow sexy at the same time.

At quick medical advisory though, don't bundle this show too closely to Harry's Law [if you're inclined to watch both shows] or you run the risk of justice-v-rules saccharine overdose.

16. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    I like this show, but not as much as the other USA shows. Looks like they only secured the rights to the Wizard of Oz stuff for 1 episode, as the ringtones were the regular rings.

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Yeah, I was wondering where the WoZ ringtones went. While I appreciate a show that looks for creative problem-solving to push through the plots, some of it comes across like "Touch by an Angel" at times, and I'm not quite invested in the father's will and the "4th" member of the clan subplot because they haven't really laid the groundwork for us to care about these inheritance developments yet.

18. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    I kind of miss the WoZ (totally stealing that abbreviation, Patrick Sun) ringtones but I think there is a push to get them back. We'll see. No one wants to mess with Kathy Bates and that big gun she's holding in the Harry's Law promos, but I think they definitely have their own niche in the faux-legal drama world (let's see Kathy run around in Stilletos!).

I just got a new promo for this week's episode and it looks like it's definitely going to be high on the drama this week. Check it out here (http://video.usanetwork.com/series/fairly_legal/#////series/fairly_legal/previews_7/benched/v1277425) and let me know what you think!

19. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I admit, I miss the Wizard of Oz ringtones too. I thought that was a great, cute gimmick. Made me smile evertime, and it clearly lined out who the characters were. I guess you could use it too much, but I'm hoping they show up now and again. It's light hearted faire, but it's a fun easy watch.

20. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

USA
    I think there was a big enough fan push that the Oz-tones might be coming back...

I hope you guys caught last night's episode. I thought it was pretty solid. I find myself becoming really interested in Lauren's character and if she really is the "wicked witch" or maybe something a little better. What did you guys think?

For those that didn't catch it, I'll be posting a link to last night's episode on USA.com later today.