Fair price for a used Rotel RSP-976?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Elias, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Steve Elias

Steve Elias Stunt Coordinator

What do you consider a fair price for a used Rotel RSP-976 pre/pro? I'm considering it as an economical, short term fix for my 5.1 needs (I'm still living with Pro-Logic only). Thanks.

-Steve

2. Brian AM

Brian AM Stunt Coordinator

In case you're wondering, the guy on ebay wants $750 as his reserve... hehe... I'd rather pay an additional $150 for a brand new Outlaw 950...

3. KeithR

KeithR Second Unit

I have a buddy who probably will sell his for $600, as he has to move out of the country.

He also is selling the 985MKII for $600 I believe. That 1200 spent is considerably better than any receiver short of $3k.

Email me, and I will put you in contact if you are interested.

4. Steve Elias

Steve Elias Stunt Coordinator

Thanks.

LarryB - That is exactly what I was thinking, but as I'm new to buying used stereo equipment I lack faith in my own estimations. Thank you for a response that makes me feel better about my ability to judge these things.

Brian AM - I was thinking about that unit. Of course, I was thinking that if I could get it for $550 it might be worth doing. Your info just saved me some time and thought for the very reason you mention. Any price above $600 and I'll buy the Outlaw as you mentioned. FWIW, I'm willing to spend the money for the new Rotel 1066 if I think it suits my needs better than the Outlaw, but with my current play budget of $1500 I thought I might be able to pick up the 976 used and a new SVS sub now.

KeithR,

I already have the 985MkII, but I would like to know if your buddy is willing to sell the 976 separately. Email sent.

Thanks again.