Fair Price for a Sony VPL-W400Q

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Bass, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Eric Bass

Eric Bass Second Unit

One of these babies is being ebay'd in my home town so I have an opportunity to potentially get a great deal and buy local, which with used projectors is a huge bonus. However I've been out of the projector shopping scene for awhile so I'm curious what the general consensus on a maximum bid would be...

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

2. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Well you can find AE100's used under a 1000 dollars. The 400 was great for its time, but I think it is getting a little long in the tooth. Personally I wouldn't go over maybe 500 for one. Most are out of warranty and repairs are very costly on them. Don't know what bulbs are going for anymore or how easy they are to find. Maybe someone that had one and sold it can give you a better idea on price.

TimG

3. Eric Bass

Eric Bass Second Unit

I've actually been doing a lot of hunting on the AE100 and I haven't found any for less that $1500, where did you find them for $1k?

4. TimG

TimG Second Unit

New ones from Japan are under 1500. There were a couple on the for sale ads at www.avsforum.com for under $1000 a while back. There are several new ones coming out after cedia in the under 2000 range.
    TimG