What's new

Faint buzzing sound from my brand new Samsung TX-P2670WH (1 Viewer)

BrandtC

Auditioning
Hey all,

While this is my first post on these message boards, I did lurk and read a bit before deciding on which HDTV to buy. I ended up with the Samsung TX-P2670WH, and it is a GREAT TV. The picture is just amazing.

The only complaint that I have is that, when the TV is on, there is a faint buzzing sound that comes from the rear of the set. You can hear it from the front if you put your ear up to the speaker, but it's most prevalent from the rear.

As I said, it's very faint. As a test to make sure that it wasn't just there when the white "searching for signal" screen was up, I fired up my Xbox and left it on the dashboard screen. The Dashboard screen is very quiet, but does display an image to the screen. And, unfortunately, that buzz was still there. I increased the volume on the TV to half of it's max, and the buzz became slightly louder. It still wasn't bad, but noticable. At that point, I listened to the front speaker, and sure enough, the buzz was there and louder now.

During normal TV watching, Movie watching, and Gaming, I can't hear the buzz at all...not a bit. So, I don't think it's going to be that pressing of an issue. But, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't something that was going to cause damage down the road (like after my 1 year manufacturer's warranty period).

A few questions. I had heard that these buzzing issues can be caused when the manufacturer uses cheap power supplies. Do you all think this is the case with this set? Will it cause long term problems, or just be a very minor annoyance that I probably won't even notice this time next week? Do you think it warrants a return to Best Buy for a new one? I would prefer to try everything possible before I return it to Best Buy as that return requires me to borrow my parents' minivan and my Dad's time to load and unload the TV.

Thanks in advance

Brandt

BrandtC

Auditioning
It's been a little over 24 hours and I have yet to get a response. Don't mean to rush, but this is somewhat of a big deal as I only have like 10 days left to return it to Best Buy if needed. So, if anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Brandt

BrandtC

Auditioning
As an update, I went to both Circuit City and Best Buy tonight to listen to their TV's. It seems that Circuit City has a different model than that at Best Buy. CC carries the TX-P2675WH where Best Buy carries the TX-P2670WH. The guy at CC was nice enough to turn the TV around (on the top shelf) and let me have a listen. I couldn't hear anything on that set, but then again, those stores are loud, and it's a fairly quiet sound.

Then I went to Best Buy. After shootin the breeze with a friend of mine who works there, I went back to the TV section. Best Buy has this particular model on the bottom shelf...much easier to listen to. I spun it around, put my ear up to the back, and sure enough, there was the buzzing...just like in my current one. So, I'm begining to think that this is the norm for this TV. It can get annoying, though, as when there is a picture on the screen, but no sound, that buzzing is rather loud coming through the TV's speakers.

Now, I would absolutely HATE to take this TV back (with all the trouble that goes with taking it back) only to get one that has the same buzz. I could take it back and try the one at Circuit City, but I honestly like the looks and control layout of the TX-P2670WH much more than the TX-P2670WH. So, I would prefer to stay with that one if at all possible to do so.

Now that I know that my particular TV isn't the only one in that line with that buzz, it makes me feel a bit better. But, I'm not sure if I should settle for that or not. Maybe it's worth calling Samsung Tech Support to see what they have to say.

Brandt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks