FAILURE TO LAUNCH Reviews!!! Sarah Jessica/ Matthew M.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ryan Wishton, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Other than Matthew's abs (not gay, but would like the abs myself), the always-enjoyable Kathy Bates and??? Well... that's all there is to this astonishingly formulaic movie. I thought it would be tough to be worse than I expected. This is one instance where FTL excels.

The plot is so bad, it's painful. Matthew should limit his "acting" to his aforementioned abs and the most Pepsodent-white teeth extant. SJP is pretty terrible too, trying to channel a little Carrie Bradshaw and simply ending up being obnoxious. I have to agree with another poster who noted that the friends are so wooden, so unimaginative, and so downright unfunny. They sink this titanic of a dud down even further. The silly animal jokes, the annoying scene in the gun shop (why were they in a gun shop in the first place?), the totally unnecessary paintball game, and the even less necessary mountain biking scene...

Bottom line: SJP should be ashamed of herself for choosing this atrocious role. MM should stick to doing crunches and smiling, and Terry Bradshaw??? Well, he has guts...

It's a shame Kathy Bates persona of Annie Wilkes didn't come to save this movie. She could have cleaned house.

D-

2. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Sorry guys.

The title of the movie is:

Failure to Launch

not Fear the Line.

Either way it doesn't make much difference.

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I saw the movie this past weekend with the wife and another couple. We all enjoyed it. Not, Oscar worthy, but enjoyable.

My only negative to the movie...Having to see Bradshaw's bare ass for almost a whole scene. [​IMG]

Best part Zooey Deschanel. :p)

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I can agree with that! Actually, with the exception of SJP (who I've only liked once, in The Family Stone) I thought all of the actors brought something unique and distinctive to their roles. I just wish they were given something more interesting to do and so, and I wish the contrivance to get them together wasn't such a big damn stretch. I always wish Deschanel's character wasn't declawed once she fell for the computer geek.
    Still, generally quite an enjoyable flick.