What's new

FAHRENHEIT 451 on Blu-ray: Wal-mart Exclusive 3/7 (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I just hope for a great transfer - this film has never been treated well on home video, color-wise and any other-wise. The German Blu is a complete and utter shambles.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I just hope for a great transfer - this film has never been treated well on home video, color-wise and any other-wise. The German Blu is a complete and utter shambles.

I agree - it's always looked off in some way compared to the I.B. prints. I didn't pick up the German disc based on comments from others, so I truly hope this is a new master.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Store exclusives are normally used to bring people into the store - why can I not see the average WalMart customer being remotely interested in this title?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Wow! That's a great price! And it has free shipping to boot! I ordered a copy - if it turns out to be a dog I can always return it in-store. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Some have been truly outstanding, some have been unspectacular but good, others have been disappointing.

I'm very satisfied with the new BD of The Hindenburg, for example, but I can tell it is from an older master and not a new state of the art transfer. But it doesn't look bad either.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
This movie has one of the best and strangest Bernard Herrmann scores. They make a big deal about their huge TVs which even 8 years go when I was still teaching, my media class found hilarious (in the novel they take up an entire wall). It is still a good movie, but cries out for a remake with modern FXs.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
but cries out for a remake with modern FXs.

What FXs? It's not that kind of a movie. The power of the film lies in its simplicity of detail. It doesn't need elaborate special effects which would only detract from Bradbury's disturbing narrative.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
What FXs? It's not that kind of a movie. The power of the film lies in its simplicity of detail. It doesn't need elaborate special effects which would only detract from Bradbury's disturbing narrative.

The book has a robot dog that chases down Montag and other offenders, and ends with an all-out atomic war!

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I bought the German bluray - it's a lot better than the DVD, but it certainly has issues. I hope this new bluray is better again.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB

Strongly disagree. If done right, the effects needn't overpower the narrative. I'd want them to keep the Herrmann score intact, though (there's actually a precedent for this---- the Scorsese remake of Cape Fear used the Herrmann score from the original).

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Just bought this. Following extras are listed on back:
-- The Making of 451•F
-- The Novel -- A Discussion with Ray Bradbury
-- Feature Commentary
-- The Music of 451
-- Original Title Sequence
-- Photo and Poster Gallery

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Mine's on its way - to the gentleman who thinks the German Blu-ray is better than the DVD - no, it's not because the color is brown and it's just bad. I'm very anxious to see this and am praying they got it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks