What's new

Fade to Black (1 Viewer)

maxfabien

Agent
Real Name
Walter
I heard rumors of a bluray release of "Fade to Black", the 1980 chiller starring Dennis Christopher. I've been waiting a long time for this one. Anyone have any info on it?

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You’d probably get more responses if this thread was in the proper section, the UHD/Blu Ray forum. Perhaps a Mod can move it for you.

I saw this film theatrically back in 1980 and remember liking it a lot.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
It was part of the November Black Friday sale on their website. Once the site is back up it should be available to purchase direct. I know because I got my copy this week. I believe the slip covers are a limited website exclusive if you are into that kind of thing.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
A question about FADE TO BLACK. Wasn't there a controversy when this film was first released with Dennis Christopher dressing like cowboy star Hopalong Cassidy during one of the killings? I seem to remember a lawsuit from William Boyd Enterprises asking for the scene to be cut. Did this happen? Was the scene cut or is it still included? Or was this all some sort of fever dream in my mind?

maxfabien

Agent
Real Name
Walter
The producers were sued for $15 million by William Boyd Enterprises for using unauthorized clips of Hopalong Cassidy movies, not for the killing by the costumed character. They were seeking damages and to stop the film from being shown. It's unknown if they were monetarily successful, but the film was released with the clips intact. The Blu-ray release contains commentary explaining this in detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greatestxv