factory refurbished - Pronto TS1000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ray R, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Ray R

Ray R Stunt Coordinator

Should I pull the trigger on a factory refurbished pronto ts1000 for $150 or spend the extra on the tsu2000?

Are there significant improvements with the tsu2000? I would be using the software to program it, so the fact that the newer model has a codes database doesn't matter that much to me.

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

grab a T1000 before they are gone..there's little to be gained in the 2 meg version esp if you are using Pronto edit.

3. Jeffrey_Jones

Jeffrey_Jones Second Unit

I would by the TSU2000. It is a second generation product which means that the bugs in previous versions have been fixed. Also it is new. I would not buy a factory reconditioned anything, so I am a little biased. I tried buying the factory reconditioned charger when I purchased my TSU2000 and it didn't work. Very annoying.

I think the extra memory will be useful especially if you get carried away with channel logos, bitmaps, etc.

I also think the new unit has better screen contrast...not perfect, but better.

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - You can get a new TSU2000 for around $250.

4. Ray R

Ray R Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the input. I decided to give the TS1000 a shot. The only serious issue that the TSU2000 seems to address is the codes database.

I ordered it from jandr.com if anyone else is interested.

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Jeff if anything the older pronto's had better screens then the new ones. Most of the bugs you speak of were also taken care of with the various firmware upgrades that are available as well so really the only difference is the built in database and the extra memory. I've got nearly 300 cd's listed in my CCF and still have plenty of memory left.

6. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I bought a refurbished TSU100 from J and R and have had no problems with it. It's been a lot of fun getting it set up. I don't know how I lived without it!

Enjoy!

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Now on 3rd J&R refurb- first 2 arrived screwed up (one DOA, one just flashed batteries and shut down everytime used).

Waiting on the 3rd, hopefully this one will work.

I would recommend against ordering one, I would just buy a new one, if I were anyone reading.

-Vince

8. John Devine

John Devine Auditioning

On my second Pronto 1000 from J&R

First one had a dead back light button.

It is a great remote and I look forward to getting it set up.

The price is right at 139.00 and with a year warranty I feel safe.