Factory Reconditioned

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Dan Mertz, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Dan Mertz

Dan Mertz Stunt Coordinator

I see a lot of electronic equipment on Overstock.com at low prices, but they are "Factory Reconditioned". Does anyone have any experience buying "factory reconditioned" electronics from Overstock.com or similar websites? Are the cheap prices worth getting something that is not brand new?

2. John S

John S Producer

I have had great luck with factory warranted / refurbished electronics over the years. I have had better luck than with new new myself.

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I have an Onkyo 575x and an Onkyo DV-C501 DVD changer that I purchased refurbished from various places. I think UBid was one and Sound City Outlet the other. I have had no problems with either item in the three years or so of ownership. Oh yeah, I also bought a ReplayTV refurbed. Basically, I have no problems buying refurb as long as the warranty is reasonable. Like with buying anywhere, check on return policy and the like and you should be fine.

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Factory Reconditioned or "B-Stock" merchandse offers fantastic, sometimes unbelievable, value for the dollar. I have had a great deal of luck with gear I've bought this way.