What's new

Facing small problem with my Onkyo 3500 (1 Viewer)

kummar1961

Auditioning
Real Name
Praveen
Dear all,

I am a quite satisfied user of Onkyo 3500. For last two three days I have observed that while viewing TV through Satellite/cable set-top box. When I change the channel, a different sound comes for a moment. I am not able to understand as sometimes there is no this particular sound comes. please advise.

Thanks and regards,

kummar

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Taking a shot in the dark(Indian English to American English)

I think the problem(which happens here in the US as well) is when you change channels the source changes from digital to analog sound. And even from that difference there is digital 5.1 and digital 2.0. So, when you change channels there is a brief instance of the AVR having to figure out what it is being sent to it.

Same thing happens(if this applies to you, try it) if you play a CD in a BD player over the HDMI* connection. Every time a track ends till the next track that "dead air" resets the AVR and when the next track starts it takes a second or two to realize what is being sent.

*The way to resolve audio black outs for CD in a BD player is to use the second audio output of the BD(if your BD player has one) into the AVR. Then the AVR doesn't have as much to do figuring out what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks