"Face in the Crowd" & "East of Eden" Any DVD rumors?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave S.G., Dec 27, 2002.

1. Dave S.G.

Dave S.G. Stunt Coordinator

David
    I recently saw "Face in the Crowd" on TCM and would really like to pick it up. But I notice it and another of Kazan's more notable films, "East of Eden", are both missing on DVD. It seems to me both are ripe for SEs; especially with Kazan still around (I think, right?). Hope they don't drop the ball and not work on these until after he passes, seeing as he must be in his nineties already.
    Does anyone know if these are tied up in rights or if maybe they're just low priority?

Thanks in advance.

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I'd like to see A Face In The Crowd too...fantastic movie!

3. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Face in the Crowd is great. Would love to see a DVD done as well as SUNSET BLVD.

4. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

the last I heard from a frined at Warners, East ofEden is still tied up with rights problems with the Steinbeck estate.

5. Joel Fontenot

Joel Fontenot Supporting Actor

Joel Fontenot
    A Face In The Crowd is one of my wife's favorite movies. Since first seeing it 7 years ago, one of mine now too. WB released the VHS last in the early 90's so who knows who actually owns the rights today. We're a-waitin' on that DVD too.
    This whole country's just like my flock of sheep! Hillbillies, hausfraus - everybody that's got to jump when someone else blows a whistle! They're mine! - Lonesome Rhodes (Andy Griffith)
    Joel