What's new

Fable (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

This is what I thought, but then I kind of figured that if it were there just to play around with there'd be more challenge to it. Since there was so little to getting married, I kind of guessed that there'd be some reward for it.

Trying to play through as a good character this time though, and I'm not sure how having a wife in every city would work out for that...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

I played a halo and butterfly having hero (ie good) and at the end of the game I had three wives. None of them were any the wiser of my activities outside of town.;)

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
I'm just starting to get the hang of using the menu system and assigning magic spells to certain slots. It's falling in to place now. However, the frustration level is high for me when I try to find the right spell in frantic combat when surrounded by hobbes. Damn things are intensely annoying. I thought I had finished a rescue quest only to have my rescuee slaughtered on the way home. Back to the caves tonight. :)

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
OK, figured out the beer situation. Managed to throw up twice. Most annoying of all: sometimes when I want to drink a beer, it actually gives the beer to another character as a gift. That's MY BEER!

Martin.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Just picked this one up. I'm only a few hours in, but I totally dig it. It's been a while since I got sucked into an RPG this quickly.

If it's 2/3rds the game that KOTOR was, I'll be happy.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
How do I find that babes necklace from north bowersville....I went to oakvale and can't find it ANYWHERE...I killed everyone in town and searched every house!!

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
I am not A fan of RPG games, but Fable looks to good to pass up. I think it might find its way into my shopping cart today.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed a big problem with ground textures in a couple of places? The one that I notice a lot is the hill on the left side of oakvale (towards a block of houses and away from the shops). About seven or eight times now, I've noticed that the ground not only appears completely untextured, but that it spills past the boundaries as well (plain green) enveloping my character. This, combined with the slow/jerky response of the menus and exits from cutscenes make me think this game was taken out of testing a little too early.

It's still fun though-there's just a few things that should have been fixed first. I'd expect this from a PC game, but this is a console-this kind of stuff shouldn't happen.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed that Chris a couple times. The textures wouldn't show up and then after a couple seconds and some moving they popped into place.

I've also been having problems with dirty disc errors when I exit any of the ingame menu systems like during trading, or checking my quests. If I stay in there too long, which isn't long at all, it locks up. Only game to ever give me a dirty disc error and I have a launch Xbox.

Still, a fun game. I've been a 'good' hero, but last night I just had to go on a rampage and got kicked out of every town and the guild. :D

Also:
After winning the Arena with Whistler, I ended up finishing her off. Probably not the right thing to do as a good guy but I couldn't pass up that gold. Anyone just walk out and not kill her? Did you still at least get the gold you accumulated?

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I was enjoy this game for awhile....but now that I'm pretty far along I can honestly say that it is pretty disappointing and seems to me that the game is not finished and major components have been left out. First off that texture bug happes everytime i'm in oakvale and some other regions...my avatar starts sinking into the ground....I also find the play to be extremely repetitive and super easy...The further I get in the game the easier it becomes....I can kill everything with like one hit. I was loving the game at first but it just got repetitive and boring after time. I would deffinately only recomend this title as a rental.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Gotta say I agree with many of Mike's comments. I finished the game in less than a weekend, so all I have left to do is a handful of mini-quests that I thought I'd finished already. (Or maybe I just can't find this damned archery tournament they're talking about!)

I plan to search around and do a little more questing, but I guess I'm pretty much done with the game. Was fun while it lasted, but way too short and distressingly easy as well.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

As for the game being easy, it's ridiculously easy. I played through the entire thing without ever dying, much less using one of the 15+ resurrection vials you can get. The final boss is one of the easiest I've ever fought.

Jason M

Agent
yeap, the textures get messed up for me too. I thought it was my x-box but I guess I'm not alone.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, obviously this big stupid booty is buried somewhere in Orchard Farm, right near the barn (I think). Can someone tell me the specific spot before I throw my controller through the TV screen? 25 minutes of wandering in circles gets old fast.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Hate to dump on this game anymore but I just beat it and ughhh....I'm sorry but this game is just UNFINISHED. The cutscenes are awful. I had so many problems with freezes and textures and all my other games play fine. I was looking forward to this game and lowered my expectations after the reviews came out.....but man this thing stank. Put my copy up for sale today...lol

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
I had 0 freezes and only 1 time did I have the texture problem in Oakvale. Cut scenes we on par with most ACTION rpg's... Game was over too soon though. Just didn't feel fullfilled like with some games. Maybe it wasn't made for people like me who like to get to the meat of the story and play through the main quests... instead of just messing around and getting drunk and kicking chickens. Very fun while it lasted though... I am going to go back and try a different character style, just to see if the NPC's react differently and I get different stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks